+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why is Siri getting more stupid?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Siri is getting dumber and dumber. It no longer opens Music and says that it appears I do not have an app named music. It used to open Waze as
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Why is Siri getting more stupid?
    Siri is getting dumber and dumber. It no longer opens Music and says that it appears I do not have an app named music. It used to open Waze as well. Same story. Same with calculator and clock. It does open phone, mail, and iTunes Store. Why is Siri getting dumber? I reset network settings, but that didn't help. I don't understand why it could recognize and open an app before why it no longer does. I thought that Siri was supposed to get smarter if anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Default Why is Siri getting more stupid?
    I haven't had any issues. When I ask Siri to open Music, it opens. I usually say it in a way like "play my music" and it'll shuffle and play my playlist. If you are still having these issues even with re-wording your commands, try turning Siri off for a bit, then back on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I found the answer to my question and thought I would post it to help others:

"I'm sorry. It doesn't look like you have an app named ___________ "

Have you jailbreaked your device before? And you ask Siri to launch the Cydia app and suddenly all your apps cannot be launched through Siri? I have this same kind of problem but now it is solved. First you need to go into iFile and find these 2 files:

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

[For iOS 7x devices, the first file will have "54" instead of "45."]

Once you find them don't delete them just in case change them to

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore.bak /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist.bak

This basically renders them invisible, you can go and delete them later, always good to keep a backup.

Once you have changed the name back out to Springboard and do a full reboot. Upon reboot you will notice all your stock apps are there and your installed cydia apps but NO appstore apps. DONT PANIC. Just sit back and chill as iOS will slowly rebuild your apps on the springboard. I have over 300 apps on mine so it took a couple of minutes. Once all your apps are showing give Siri a test.. Should work perfect. Then go back into iFile and remove the files you changed to .bak.
    Last edited by TedKool; 06-22-2014 at 08:42 AM.