Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Unlocking

Default iPhone 4S Unlocking
    Hi all.
    i have an iPhone 4s with iOS 7.0.4. it has Sprint Carrier.
    my question is if i jailbreak this iPhone, can i use another sim? i mean with jailbreaking i got software unlocking or not.

Thanks

hi there
    I am curious how everything went for you? did you/were you able to jailbreak a sprint and go with rogers?
    I am in similar boat
    thanks

no you will not be able to use another sim if jailbroken.. you need to use rsim of some kind or have sprint factory unlock it for you... once factory unlock will only work for gsm international use

There are hardware devices available but provide very bad impressions on use. I would recommend reselling the device and getting an unlocked gsm one.
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice.com

Thanks

I asked VZW to unlock my 4S a while back and they did it with no hassle - plugged it into iTunes with a foreign SIM I happened to have from my travels in Europe and I got the congrat's you are unlocked msg. It is fine for 3G use outside of the US - I have used it in Mexico and Canada with no problems - in Mexico, I just went into a local convenience store and bought a standard pre-paid sim, I had to cut it to fit the micro sim holder - I just traced the orig SIM and carefully cut the Telcel sim and it worked fine. Only issue I had was not speaking Spanish so I asked the clerk to activate it for me - it came with some air time to get me started. When I needed to add some more, I went into a Telcel store and they very nicely helped me add some pesos to my acc't which I was able to charge to my debit card. The Canadian SIM was a Telus I bought on eBay. I was able to get my US credit card approved so it was pretty easy to add $ to my acct.
    --
    Brick & Mortar Mantra: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Web Mantra: If it ain't broke, fix it anyway!