+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4s verizon blacklist

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
i have an iphone 4s, probably was lost. all simcards are working with full network signal, and text messages i can send and receive, 3g data is working too but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 4s verizon blacklist
    i have an iphone 4s, probably was lost. all simcards are working with full network signal, and text messages i can send and receive, 3g data is working too but
    I CANT MAKE AND RECEIVE CALLS!
    i checked with iunlocker.net and the report was
    - contract until 15.2.2014
    - blacklisted in Verizon USA
    and
    -next policy : unlock
    -locked by carrier: unlock
    -sim lock: unlocked

I would like to use it Europe.
    Why text messages are working perfectly if its blacklisted?
    what can i do to make it working at least in one network in europe?
    can u unlock it?

IMEI: 013048000122147

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you unlock it it will work anywhere else except in the US..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You're asking to unlock it even though it's showing as unlocked already?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As long as you know it's definitely unlocked then no, just keep as it is to use outside of the US..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will check the IMEI out on the uk database for you just in case.. And get back to you..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Networkbuild View Post
    I will check the IMEI out on the uk database for you just in case.. And get back to you..
    It wouldn't matter if the imei was blacklisted in the USA.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Being that it is a Verizon phone, not all functions may work properly on another carrier. It may not be an issue with the device being blacklisted, it may be. But it sounds like it is just a failure with the carrier you are using and the device to communicate. I have had people bring an unlocked Verizon 4S and it won't text but can call and use 2G data on T-Mobile. I have also had a Verizon Galaxy S4 unlocked that can call but can't text or use any data on T-Mobile. So really, it depends on the hardware and it might just be an incompatibility with the carrier. The iPhone 5, 5S, and 5C do not appear to have those issues but the 4S does.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if its black listed then i am sure its not unlocked. but if it is unlocked then it should receive and make calls.
    let us know what carrier name you see in about menu and do you see your number in phone menu?

if its JB then try the furios mod or iphone 4s network patch.

Thanks

Even if it is unlocked, if it is blacklisted it won't work in the US. It will only work outside of the US, if anything. I work for a cell carrier, when people bring me unlocked phones they still can't pick up signal because it is in the blacklist database. It might read the carrier name but nothing will work, regarding calls, texts, and data.

Thanks

Actually, the phone can work in the US. We deal with 1000's of 4s's on verizon/sprint network. Yes, if its blacklisted, you'll have issues using it on verizons network however many people end up flashing the devices to use on a verizon supported cdma network. A mvno (mobile virtual network operator) that uses verizon, like pageplus and a handful of others that are available can use the device with no hiccups of any kind as long as the vpn settings are put in correctly on the device.

What I recommend doing if you want to use it on verizon only is to resell it on ebay/craigslist/swappa or a phone buying company and reinvest in a non-blacklisted iPhone. The other option is to get it flashed and just use it with a verizon supported carrier. Believe me, you won't be able to tell the difference if its verizon or not since they'll be using the same towers verizon uses.
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice.com

Thanks

I'm skeptical about your knowledge simply because of your last statement. MetroPCS runs on T-Mobile towers but it doesn't get the same coverage and speeds as T-Mobile. That I guarantee. So people will know the difference.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I'm skeptical about your knowledge simply because of your last statement. MetroPCS runs on T-Mobile towers but it doesn't get the same coverage and speeds as T-Mobile. That I guarantee. So people will know the difference.
    Your skepticism and guarantee unfortunately is inaccurate and holds no merit. Here is a video of multiple tests with a metroPCS F6 (crappy phone) compared to a tmoible samsung S5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJQxqEOk8VM and another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDW8DNDONug (over a year ago). Keep in mind, in certain areas, Tmobile will be faster but overall you'll see very similar speeds. The difference is you pay a lot less for using the same exact coverage.

There are about 100+ videos of metroPCS kicking behind in terms of speed when it comes to LTE. I myself use at&t because of an old contract but I have a younger brother who has metroPCS and while I'm still buffering, he's done watching a video and on to the next one. We're always running network speed tests, phone tests, etc in our business to compare apples to oranges. We're very well informed within the wireless industry as well and deal with these things as second nature.

Those who have metroPCS know very well a few things. MetroPCS was the first in the nation to come out with LTE. Why? Because it had a smaller foot print and was able to deliver faster. Also was the first to come out with unlimited international calling, vonage followed.

As I said earlier, we have over 200+ retail stores nationwide - we sell all carriers. The ONLY and I repeat again, the ONLY carrier I am aware of that sells a TRULY UNLIMITED no cap plan is metroPCS with the $60 rate plan. I'm also familiar with MVNO's, OMO's, network bandwidths, capacities, wireless spectrums, retail, wholesale and e-commerce surrounding wireless and telecommunications.

Hope this helps your thought process.

EDIT** Forgot to mention that t-mobile started following what metroPCS has been doing for 10 years, prepaid plans with unlimited services. What happens? Tmobile has the best quarterly gains and is demolishing competition in terms of new activations. Acquiring metroPCS was the best move for both metroPCS and Dutch Telecom. Together, they can't seem to be stopped. MetroPCS just launched in about 20+ markets using tmobiles footprint.

Thanks!
    Last edited by LucySterling; 08-30-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice.com

Thanks

How does skepticism hold no merit? Skepticism is an opinion. If everyone is entitled to one then it has a merit.

I don't know why this history lesson was necessary. None of the general audience here cares for it. The matter of the fact is, metroPCS coverage is not as wide as T-Mobile's even when using the same towers. That's the one and only point that needs to be made.

So remind me why it is you brought up the acquisition and the rate plans? Useless info for an invalid argument.

You can tell the difference between using Metro and T-Mobile, especially depending on the area. So you can tell the difference between Virgin Mobile and Sprint. And so on.

That's it. Please don't give us another history speech or rate plan break down or speed test info. You're getting off topic. It's irrelevant.

Thanks

How does skepticism hold no merit? Skepticism is an opinion. If everyone is entitled to one then it has a merit.

I don't know why this history lesson was necessary. None of the general audience here cares for it. The matter of the fact is, metroPCS coverage is not as wide as T-Mobile's even when using the same towers. That's the one and only point that needs to be made.

So remind me why it is you brought up the acquisition and the rate plans? Useless info for an invalid argument.

You can tell the difference between using Metro and T-Mobile, especially depending on the area. So you can tell the difference between Virgin Mobile and Sprint. And so on.

That's it. Please don't give us another history speech or rate plan break down or speed test info. You're getting off topic. It's irrelevant.

Actually, you "guaranteed" something that is not true. I had to break it down for you so it would make sense. Based on your comment, I realized I would probably have to go into details... I provided two random videos on youtube, right beside each other, without even second guessing that metroPCS will be faster than t-mobile. This was the entire point of my comment. You responded back saying "that much you can guarantee".

Yes, you're entitled to your opinion but not a guarantee on your opinion. I provided evidence with videos and some damning facts. Next time, there is no need for a guarantee comment when you have no idea what in world you're talking about.

Thanks!

Thanks

But it is true.

I work for one of the said companies. I know but thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,697 Times in 5,957 Posts

I'm a T-Mo customer, also have a friend that uses metroPCS that I ride with from the Phoenix area.
    From a random test we did by accident while sitting in a Winslow, AZ cafe using the same 5S devices. Both of us were searching for some info, my phone loaded pages much more quickly then his. He asked me what carrier I used and it began the conversation on why, since metroPCS uses the same tower why my phone outperformed his.
    While this has been my only experience with a side by side comparison, I was surprised also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I'm a T-Mo customer, also have a friend that uses metroPCS that I ride with from the Phoenix area.
    From a random test we did by accident while sitting in a Winslow, AZ cafe using the same 5S devices. Both of us were searching for some info, my phone loaded pages much more quickly then his. He asked me what carrier I used and it began the conversation on why, since metroPCS uses the same tower why my phone outperformed his.
    While this has been my only experience with a side by side comparison, I was surprised also.
    This. My friend has Metro and dropped it after a month. Didn't do as well as my T-Mobile service in the same areas that we lived in.

Think I'm just about right.

Thanks

Yeah, in tinkerbell land.

Here is a direct quote from T-Mobile's Terms & Conditions page Not only does this clarify that tmobile will put itself and MetroPCS FIRST before any other mvno, it also clarifies that very rarely and temporarily, simple mobile, go smart, h2o and straight talk will face a setback in isolated circumstances.

-todays lesson, got schooled

"When the T-Mobile network is presented with competing demands, data associated with T-Mobile branded customers may take precedence over data associated with non-T-Mobile branded customers, including any mvno customers except for metroPCS brand as it's directly under the T-mobile umbrella. Giving T-Mobile data precedence occurs only on a content-neutral basis, and its effect should be noticed rarely and temporarily, if at all."

Thanks
    Thanked 9,697 Times in 5,957 Posts

I'm no expert by any means, only stating the facts as I saw first hand. I guess I got schooled in Tinkerbell land then.

Thanks

This. My friend has Metro and dropped it after a month. Didn't do as well as my T-Mobile service in the same areas that we lived in.

Think I'm just about right.
    I showed videos as evidence... I'm sure that's just a sidekick or isolated incident. Youtube is loaded with videos of actual speed tests. I also noted on my very first post that in "CERTAIN" area's tmobile will be faster. So, once again, your guarantee holds no merit.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I'm no expert by any means, only stating the facts as I saw first hand. I guess I got schooled in Tinkerbell land then.
    Phoenix? Yeah... I'd called that tinkerbell land.

But it is true.

I work for one of the said companies. I know but thanks!
    Seriously, I quoted you TMOBILE's Terms and Conditions. If you still feel you're right well than I don't know what to say. Hitler thought he was right too. I guess you win Yea, you work for one, I've been working with them as partners for many years in the industry. Please go read the terms and conditions, have them edit it and then stick with your guarantee.
    Last edited by LucySterling; 08-30-2014 at 06:39 PM.