Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhjone 4s with straight talk?

Default iPhjone 4s with straight talk?
    Hi,

My friend has an iPhone 4s (Verizon) without a dataplan and a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim with straight talk. I am assuming the SGP has a SIM card. Now, I am not sure what to do. I thought I needed to first jailbreak and then unlock her iPhone in order for the SIM card to work. However, I have been reading online and it looks like all I need to do is just put the straight talk SIM card in the iPhone and it's good to go for the most part. Could anyone help me please?

I'm assuming I can't unlock her phone as according to this link I can't: [How To] Check if you can Unlock

She has an iPhone 4s running modem firmware 3.4.03 and that is not on the list.

Again, any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Verizon 4S units can only be unlocked for use outside of the US. They won't work for service with either AT&T or T-Mobile (Straight Talk's GSM partners within the US), nor will that iPhone work on Straight Talk's "BYOD" program with Verizon's CDMA. Sorry about that.

Orby - consider selling your device and then buying a gsm version that'll support straight talk. It's the only way around this for you.
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice.com