+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I get my iPhone 4 into DFU?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
So my home button went out, and Im on a semi-tether 6.1.3 jailbreak. I had to reboot my phone to get to the homescreen so I can activate Assistive Touch
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How can I get my iPhone 4 into DFU?
    So my home button went out, and Im on a semi-tether 6.1.3 jailbreak. I had to reboot my phone to get to the homescreen so I can activate Assistive Touch through the settings (I was trapped in Messages) and I forgot the home button was required for a tethered boot.

I cant use the Redsn0w DFU IPSW option because apple isn't signing ios 6.0 (the only ios 6 firmware compatible with Redsn0w), therefore I cant attempt a restore and be put into DFU.

So I really have no idea what to try. My phone doesn't have much use to me without it being jailbroken, and I dont think I can wait til an untether is released. Cause I need a phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

The best thing for you to do is to get your Home button replaced. Without the functionality of a Home button, it is hard to enter DFU mode.

Banned
    Thanks

yea, thats the only thing you can do, and these days since its a 4 its actually pretty cheap, shouldn't be more than $40 to replace the home button.