+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Calling all experts, plz help noob tether 100GB/month...

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I'm soon to be trucking over the road...Imma computer nerd n use around 100 GB/month downloading a lot of bit torrent "things"...I want a way to use my cell phone
    Thanks

Default Calling all experts, plz help noob tether 100GB/month...
    I'm soon to be trucking over the road...Imma computer nerd n use around 100 GB/month downloading a lot of bit torrent "things"...I want a way to use my cell phone to supply my internet connection fer my laptop while all over the country. I currently have a verizon iphone 4 3G 6.1.3 I am grandfathered in fer unlimited data, but will lose that if I upgrade...I'm also eligible for my upgrade now, so I wud kinda like to grab the iphone 5 fer $200, but I don't need to if it's easier/better fer me to remain w/ my current setup fer JB'ng er whatever purposes...

Plz advise me best way to go as far as getting TRULY unlimited data tethering...also, won't verizon eventually get hip to the fact that I'm using SO MUCH data?

PS, I'm open to even going android if need be, I jus ask to keep it around $200 fer a new phone, which should be fine because I'm outta contract w/ Verizon and eligible fer my upgrade (if need be) and willing to spend $50 on various programs fer JB'ng er whatever is needed...

thx guys fer any help, btw PM me if u have any e-cig/vaping questions, I'm pretty fluent and can help...
    Last edited by trucker77; 08-13-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: quit being nosy

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, I use TetherMe, it says

Question: Will my carrier be able to detect that this is tethered data?
    TetherMe does what is possible to make the tethered data look like all the other data from your phone, but there are things that can not be hidden because it would break your connection. If you want to be completely sure, tether a VPN connection.
    Frequently Asked Questions - TetherMe
    Install a free VPN like Onavo Protect in the App Store and go through its setup sequence.
    Install the VPN SBSetting toggle.
    Turn wifi off on your iPhone. (So VPN goes through Cellular)
    Turn VPN on, you should get VPN logo in the status bar.
    Goto TetherMe settings and select Override Data Source and select Share from VPN.
    Now turn on the TetherMe Personal Hotspot option. At this point you get the option to turn wifi back on for a hotspot or to just use Bluetooth/USB connections.
    If VPN stops, you loose your Internet, then use the VPN SBSetting toggle to get it back on.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 08-15-2013 at 02:45 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you are interested and serious about learning how to make money online and have not heard of the Warrior Forum then this article will be of great benefit to you. In this article I am going to explain what the Warrior Forum is all about and how you can start making money from it.

earn money forum

It is an online forum that is dedicated to helping people of all skill levels and goal sets to start making money online. There are other areas of the forum where other topics are discussed but the core of the site is all about making money. Not only should you visit this site on a regular. You should join the forum and get involved. It is free to do so with an option to upgrade for a one time fee.

money making forums

Now many affiliate programs rant and rave how you will make all this money with their system. However, many will not show you any proof that people are actually making any money. Well, here it is:

Forum

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,423 Times in 6,009 Posts

Awesome!

No link???
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trucker77 View Post
    I'm soon to be trucking over the road...Imma computer nerd n use around 100 GB/month downloading a lot of bit torrent "things"...I want a way to use my cell phone to supply my internet connection fer my laptop while all over the country. I currently have a verizon iphone 4 3G 6.1.3 I am grandfathered in fer unlimited data, but will lose that if I upgrade...I'm also eligible for my upgrade now, so I wud kinda like to grab the iphone 5 fer $200, but I don't need to if it's easier/better fer me to remain w/ my current setup fer JB'ng er whatever purposes...

Plz advise me best way to go as far as getting TRULY unlimited data tethering...also, won't verizon eventually get hip to the fact that I'm using SO MUCH data?

PS, I'm open to even going android if need be, I jus ask to keep it around $200 fer a new phone, which should be fine because I'm outta contract w/ Verizon and eligible fer my upgrade (if need be) and willing to spend $50 on various programs fer JB'ng er whatever is needed...

thx guys fer any help, btw PM me if u have any e-cig/vaping questions, I'm pretty fluent and can help...
    I think 100GB / month via cellular will raise warning flags no matter what. AFAIK there are fair usage terms in most unlimited data tariffs - I know after using 5-6 GB of data via tether me on my O2 UK unlimited tariff they contacted me...