Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stolen Verizon iPhone 4S

Default Stolen Verizon iPhone 4S
    I just bought an iphone 4S from someone without knowing it was stolen and , also just found out it has no sim's card in it , I believe it was a Verizon as what the seller told me

Realizing now I am pretty sure it is blocked , that is why i dont want to take it to a phone company and I get busted for it , I have no clue what to do with this phone besides use it as an iPod touch . i wanted to know if anyone knows what i should do , so i can just use or activate this phone safely without it just be used for music and games ?

thanks for any info you guys may have to offer

All appreciation

Thanks

I'd still say that your best option is trying to return the phone to its rightful owner, perhaps with Verizon's help.

if you bought it off ebay then report it to ebay. they will help somewhat with buyer protection. and return it to its owner via verizon.

I bought it off Craigslist

I really bought it for my son since this will be his first phone , I don't know about returning it , due to I payed $250 for it not knowing I will be getting ripped off , I mean I don't want to lose money for this incendent since we don't really have the money to buy stuff like this often

Yes I would have gladly retuned it if I found it

But it truly sucks that the person is suffering , but should I suffer and be out of a $250 electric item

I don't know whatelse I can do

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,980 Times in 6,537 Posts

Always check the numbers before buying any used iPhone. If you get caught with it then you might have to best the penalty of receiving stolen property. Sorry about you luck bro, some people out there just suck!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Craigslist is the last place to buy anything complicated. It really is a coin flip there.

Have seen cars go cheap only to find out its a fake TITLE and stolen. Or car has a hidden engine issue. iPhones fake title is a claim of clear ESN.

I know that iPhone 4s is $450 but that is worth it for factory support at the local apple store Genius Bar. When something goes wrong.

Yea nothing u can do. As far as checking the esn goes for Verizon doesn't help that much. If its clear one day when u check it and two hours later someone reports it stolen. Your still out of luck. In the future try to buy items from eBay if u want a cheaper price. At least eBay has some type of protection vs Craigslist that has nothing.

cant you just restore it when you plug it in! because verizon iPhone dont have sim cards until the 5 and someone stole my iPhone 4 and they must be using it and i locked mine and everything and im tried asking verizon to locate it because they can but they say something changed and cant find it

Some Verizon 4s has sim cause mine does I use gevey to unlock it using tmobile now but I want to factory unlock it