Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prepaid for my Verizon Unlocked iPhone 5

Default Prepaid for my Verizon Unlocked iPhone 5
    i have a Verizon iphone 5 i bought off contract for $500, and sold my ATT iPhone 4 for $250 so i would not have to stay with ATT for another 2 years. I HATE ATT is an understatement... Im looking to take my iPhone 5 to a prepaid service but im not sure who i can go to. i have researched STRAIGHT TALK & PAGE PLUS, among others but i cant seem to find anyone who is or has tried one of there carries with the Verizon iPhone 5 and if they are able to take advantage of 4g, LTE speeds. can any one give me any direction?

Thanks

In the US, the only carriers that offer LTE on compatible bands with that model of iPhone 5 are:

Appalachian Wireless
    Bluegrass Cellular
    C Spire
    Cellcom
    Chariton Valley
    Pioneer Cellular
    Sprint
    Strata Networks
    Verizon

However, I think the only network among those that will activate your iPhone 5's MEID for voice and 2G/3G data services would be Verizon (Chariton Valley is a GSM provider if I remember correctly so that may work as well).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

lizzy954 (06-02-2013)

You would have been better off buying an unlocked tmobile or AT&T version

I did a heck of a lot of research and ive finally decided on Straight Talk, im going to try it out for a month and if i like the service ill stick around..

well its over a month. think straigh talk is only 3g service and not 4g lte. correct me if i am wrong. right now you can get 3g only unlimited data with an iphone 5 on VIRGIN MOBILE at radio shack. cost is $30 a month. but phone is $550. to me a good deal since i use WIFI data mostly.