+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g finally enabled at page plus after call

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I was online 1day and decided to pick up a 4s. I went to the page plus web site to chat with a rep. I told the rep i had
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 3g finally enabled at page plus after call
    I was online 1day and decided to pick up a 4s. I went to the page plus web site to chat with a rep. I told the rep i had an iphone 4, and if i had gotten a 4s if they could activate it. the rep sent me a whole bunch of protocal messages back instantly, one stating the iphones are not allowed. Day later my 3g was off, and i was stuck with 2g. I knew it had been from the day before. I telephone page plus and the rep gets on the phone "lemme look, u have a iphone 4, that is y, sometimes its dont work thats y we dont reccomend/....... he said i did what i can do on my side, and hung up, how did he know if i had a iphone or not unless the web chat marked me and disabled my 3g? , 2 days later still no 3g i called again he says you have a iphone 4? i said no, he said r u sure? i said positive i have a droid from verizon. he did somethings and said to shut off data reset and turn on data dial *228 option #2. i did that and know it works again... i just would like to say that this type of crap that happens everyday in the u.s. is stupid. damn we cant live free anymore and we have to stand up for one another.. i like the service i get from pp but i hate lairs, i hope that one day when faced with a situation like the reps trying to kill iphones off pp. u will do whats best and be a good friend. that is all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wink Call Again to get a diff PagePlus rep
    one stating the iphones are not allowed"

Must depend on whom you talk to there, I've had a plethora of problems with my iPhone 4 (formerly a Sprint, flashed to VZ lol) and have never been told they werent allowed on the phone with a rep. One night my iMessages were playing up and the tech on the phone added her supervisor to our convo on 3 way calling to work it out. In my case it seems to be the iMessage feature on my iPhone 4 spits out "you have insufficient funds to send this message" if activated while I send a simple MMS not using iMessage (if anyone else has experienced this I'd like to hear). Today I got a rep who seemed to know very little about PP when I asked her if she would tell me where I could find the APN settings online to view. Her answer was a pause then "IDUNNO?"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

there is a major difference between FIRST CALL service and full TECH SUPPORT.

still this is sad that PAGEPLUS is actively blocking iphones on 3g. there is an IMEA database that has them look up to see if you have an iphone. must not be used at PAGEPLUS.
    Last edited by offroad1994; 08-06-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks

You need to contact a inside rep for a solution. Customers get treated like crap with page plus all the time.. I know cause I hear their opinions about it always.
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dyoung9932 View Post
    one stating the iphones are not allowed"

Must depend on whom you talk to there, I've had a plethora of problems with my iPhone 4 (formerly a Sprint, flashed to VZ lol) and have never been told they werent allowed on the phone with a rep. One night my iMessages were playing up and the tech on the phone added her supervisor to our convo on 3 way calling to work it out. In my case it seems to be the iMessage feature on my iPhone 4 spits out "you have insufficient funds to send this message" if activated while I send a simple MMS not using iMessage (if anyone else has experienced this I'd like to hear). Today I got a rep who seemed to know very little about PP when I asked her if she would tell me where I could find the APN settings online to view. Her answer was a pause then "IDUNNO?"
    I have the resolve on the iMessage issue I to have a sprint iPhone 4 formely sprint.
    I flashed my to verizon then got to page plus my 3g was good no prob with mms just iMessege.
    Same Error you have I've searched the web for a solution then I finally found it, its a source for cydia
    this source can support ios 6.1.3 I installed the commcenter patch then the prl for VZW and now the key of making every single function work especially iMessage is the Pagepluse carrier bundle without it we suffer without having iMessage.

Heres the source for any future pageplus users on iphone 4. Index of /cdma

Hope it works like it has for me.