Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions on Blacklisted Verizon iPhone 5 before I buy it

Default Questions on Blacklisted Verizon iPhone 5 before I buy it
    I know a guy who is selling his iphone 5 for a good price. The down side he admits it is blacklisted he claims from lack of payment. I am not familiar with verizon. I have never had a phone blacklisted before and not a 100% sure what that means.

1) Is this true, does Verizon blacklist phones for lack of payment or does this mean the phone is stolen.

2) I read that the Verizon iphone 5 is the first to come unlocked by default. Is this true?

3) If it is blacklisted and unlocked, can I use the phone on Att or Tmobile without worry of my sim getting locked. i have found mixed info about a national blacklist, and carriers will lock your account if it detects a blacklisted device. Is this True?

4) If it is blacklisted and unlocked, are there prepaid services that do not check to see if device is black listed?

I dont want to buy this phone and get stuck with it but I am will to take the risk if he is selling it cheap.

Thanks
    Last edited by rah10; 05-11-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Don't buy it although it comes unlocked it will work with AT&T or t mobile but if Im right they might not accept the phone if its black listed

All US carrier share the same Blacklist so if it is blacklisted it will not work with any US carriers.
    However IDeviceGuys can unblacklist it
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

so for $100 the ECN OR IMEI can be fixed so an iphone can be activated. or you can just pay the outstanding bill for the blacklist. likely cheaper to pay $100. but seems like a rather significant risk.

i believe you may still be able to use it overseas, thats what a lot of people do with blastlisted phones. but now theres rumors of international blacklisting... thats going to hit those sellers really hard
    Quote Originally Posted by rah10 View Post
    I know a guy who is selling his iphone 5 for a good price. The down side he admits it is blacklisted he claims from lack of payment. I am not familiar with verizon. I have never had a phone blacklisted before and not a 100% sure what that means.

1) Is this true, does Verizon blacklist phones for lack of payment or does this mean the phone is stolen.

2) I read that the Verizon iphone 5 is the first to come unlocked by default. Is this true?

3) If it is blacklisted and unlocked, can I use the phone on Att or Tmobile without worry of my sim getting locked. i have found mixed info about a national blacklist, and carriers will lock your account if it detects a blacklisted device. Is this True?

4) If it is blacklisted and unlocked, are there prepaid services that do not check to see if device is black listed?

I dont want to buy this phone and get stuck with it but I am will to take the risk if he is selling it cheap.

Thanks
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice.com