+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cant get phone into DFU mode

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I have a Verizon Jailbroken (kinda) iPhone 4 on 6.1.2 (kinda). Long story short, I tried a ridiculous method of downgrading, cause I dont have shsh blobs for 5.1.1, but
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Angry cant get phone into DFU mode
    I have a Verizon Jailbroken (kinda) iPhone 4 on 6.1.2 (kinda).
    Long story short, I tried a ridiculous method of downgrading, cause I dont have shsh blobs for 5.1.1, but being as stubborn and hard headed as I am, I was a little too determined.

Anyway, my phone is kind of on 5.1.1... I think. Lol. Anyway, it wont boot what so ever. But earlier I was able to get it into DFU mode and pwn it with redsn0w so I could try various methods of restoring it back to 6.1.2 (I have blobs) but non of the restore methods would work.

Really I only tried iFaith and iTunes refused to restore my *signed* ipsw, redsn0w kept saying that it doesnt support the iFaith ipsw, or its not vaild or something.

Anyway... through all of this, I put my phone in a pwned DFU state at least ten times. Worked with no problem.

But after downloading the 6.1.2 ipsw (so I can use another method of restoring) my phone now refuses to boot into DFU mode. I didnt mess with it for the 45 minutes my ipsw was downloading, so idk wtf is going on.

Basically, I when I hold down the home and power button, it'll go black after about 7 seconds as usual, but about 4 seconds later, or once I release the power button, the apple logo pops back up. And if I try again, the same thing happens.

It didnt do this earlier. It was working fine. Im confused and completely frustrated. The button sequence wont work, and my phone wont boot. What do I do??

Its obviously not hard-bricked, so theres still hope.

-UPDATE-

The phone just restarted itself. The screen went black, so I picked it and before I attempted to put it into DFU the apple logo popped up again. Wtf.

EVO
    Thanks

since it appears you have SHSH blobs for 6.1.2, why dont you just restore back to 6.1.3?

This may resolve some software issues, if it is indeed software related.

Then once its up and running, you can try to restore back to 6.1.2.

HOWEVER, be aware that if your 6.1.2 blobs must have been saved directly when Apple was signing it, and not saved from Cydia. If it was saved from Cydia and it was fetched from there, the restore will not work.

You can verify the blobs by downloading the latest iFaith and verify it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    since it appears you have SHSH blobs for 6.1.2, why dont you just restore back to 6.1.3?

This may resolve some software issues, if it is indeed software related.

Then once its up and running, you can try to restore back to 6.1.2.

HOWEVER, be aware that if your 6.1.2 blobs must have been saved directly when Apple was signing it, and not saved from Cydia. If it was saved from Cydia and it was fetched from there, the restore will not work.

You can verify the blobs by downloading the latest iFaith and verify it.
    I actually tried restoring to 6.1.3 using an IPSW I made with iFaith (I dont have the raw ipsw, just the ifaith one). It wouldnt work. I've been trying other methods cause I know I'll fall asleep in the time it takes for itunes to download the fresh 6.1.3.

And about the blobs, I didnt save them while Apple was currently signing them. But I did use them to make a *signed* IPSW through iFaith and it gave me the message saying that the APTicket looked valid and whatever, then proceeded to build the IPSW. I verified them through redsn0w too and it said that the blobs were legit.

But so far I seem to be backed into a corner. Every method I've tried has failed. I guess I'll let iTunes update to 6.1.3 and I'll try to downgrade it back using my blobs. I have my fingers crossed that I dont wake up to an iTunes error saying it couldnt update. It seems kind of innevitable though after all I've tried.

Thanks for the response!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can you help me out?
    I finally got my phone updated to 6.1.3, but Im not digging the semi-tethered jb. I've tried to restore my phone through redsn0w several times and it just hangs at "waiting for device" while my phone stays on the apple logo. I havent found a reason for this on other forums.

My only guess is that its using the "corrupted" shsh blobs from cydia. It doesnt give me the option to use local blobs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SawyerBenjamin View Post
    Can you help me out?
    I finally got my phone updated to 6.1.3, but Im not digging the semi-tethered jb. I've tried to restore my phone through redsn0w several times and it just hangs at "waiting for device" while my phone stays on the apple logo. I havent found a reason for this on other forums.

My only guess is that its using the "corrupted" shsh blobs from cydia. It doesnt give me the option to use local blobs.
    Redsn0w does indeed use the corrupt Cydia blobs, even if you have good local blobs (and even if you try and upload your good local blobs to Cydia, they won't overwrite the bad cached ones... man, we need a redsn0w update to fix that... I digress). I'd suggest cooking up a custom IPSW with sn0wbreeze and stitching your local, supposedly good, blobs into there, and see what happens (via iFaith mode in sn0wbreeze).

However, you may be (or may find yourself) in a "soft DFU loop" caused by bad SHSH blobs, which the only remedy for would be to restore back to 6.1.3 stock.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Redsn0w does indeed use the corrupt Cydia blobs, even if you have good local blobs (and even if you try and upload your good local blobs to Cydia, they won't overwrite the bad cached ones... man, we need a redsn0w update to fix that... I digress). I'd suggest cooking up a custom IPSW with sn0wbreeze and stitching your local, supposedly good, blobs into there, and see what happens (via iFaith mode in sn0wbreeze).

However, you may be (or may find yourself) in a "soft DFU loop" caused by bad SHSH blobs, which the only remedy for would be to restore back to 6.1.3 stock.
    Well I've tried making a custom firmware in sn0wbreeze/ifaith, but iTunes always hangs at "Preparing iPhone for restore" for a few minutes followed by the 1601 error message. I know the blobs are good. Both redsn0w and iFaith have confirmed it. Idk what to do.