+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Things aren't looking good for me

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
For the longest time, my iPhone 4S was able to charge on my macbook but wouldnt be able to detected. Today, for some stupid reason, I decided to update my
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    For the longest time, my iPhone 4S was able to charge on my macbook but wouldnt be able to detected. Today, for some stupid reason, I decided to update my JB'd iPhone from the settings and now it's stuck on the recovery screen. I can't even connect it to my macbook in the first place since it won't detect it...TinyUmbrella won't detect it either.

I've tried it with different cables, different ports, swapped out the dock connector, DFU Mode, tried it on a PC with the Apple Mobile Devices reset and still no luck.

So in a nut shell...my iPhone can't be detected on computers and i'm stuck on recovery mode which requires it to be connected to a computer to fix.

What other options are out there? :T

might be alittle far fetched but i was thinking that my original issue with the phone not being able to be detected haaaas to be a hardware thing beyond the dock connector.....so what if i switch my logic board into someone else's iPhone and then connect it to a computer and use TU to kick me out of recovery. is that a stretch?
    Last edited by MFDOOM44; 05-02-2013 at 04:00 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, long shot, I think you say you are on the recovery screen with the USB lead and iTunes logo. Anyway hold the home and lock buttons in and keep them pressed, should go through a few reboots and only let go when your screen stays totally blank. Now press and keep the volume up button pressed in while you do a single press on the lock button to turn on. Keep the volume button pressed in and see if it powers up. Good luck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, long shot, I think you say you are on the recovery screen with the USB lead and iTunes logo. Anyway hold the home and lock buttons in and keep them pressed, should go through a few reboots and only let go when your screen stays totally blank. Now press and keep the volume up button pressed in while you do a single press on the lock button to turn on. Keep the volume button pressed in and see if it powers up. Good luck
    I doubt that will work since he updated OTA I figure the important jailbreak files are missing so it can't boot up and turning off Mobile Substrate won't help that.

My advice is go to an Apple store and see if they can try to restore it for you. Even if its out of warranty they will usually try to help, even if they can't replace it perhaps they could help identify the problem.