+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activating Sprint iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Hi everyone! I live in Israel, and I bought on eBay CLEAN ESN Sprint iPhone 5. It came without SIM. I bought Sprint SIM card, and I got message that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Activating Sprint iPhone 5
    Hi everyone!
    I live in Israel, and I bought on eBay CLEAN ESN Sprint iPhone 5.
    It came without SIM.
    I bought Sprint SIM card, and I got message that says that the iPhone is locked not to Sprint (SIM not valid), I checked with Apple and Sprint, and the phone is Sprint iPhone.
    I checked with redsn0w and evasi0n, the iPhone is on 6.0 .
    How can I activate it in Israel? Or hacktivate it?
    Note: with Israeli local SIM, there's full 5 bars signal and 3G connection. Also, I know Sprint customer that can ask Sprint to activate the iPhone - can it help? And one more thing - the Sprint customer was in Israel with his Sprint iPhone 4 (CDMA only) and he had 5 signal bars and full service - is that mean that there's CDMA in Israel? Because the Israel Carriers offers only GSM. If you have solution that cost money tell me, I'll pay you via PayPal.
    Thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneIsrael View Post
    Hi everyone!
    It came without SIM.
    I bought Sprint SIM card, and I got message that says that the iPhone is locked not to Sprint (SIM not valid), I checked with Apple and Sprint, and the phone is Sprint iPhone.
    Note: with Israeli local SIM, there's full 5 bars signal and 3G connection. Also, I know Sprint customer that can ask Sprint to activate the iPhone - can it help? And one more thing - the Sprint customer was in Israel with his Sprint iPhone 4 (CDMA only) and he had 5 signal bars and full service - is that mean that there's CDMA in Israel? Because the Israel Carriers offers only GSM. If you have solution that cost money tell me, I'll pay you via PayPal.
    Thank you.
    Sprint in the USA will typically unlock an iPhone locked to their network for free if the phone has been on their service for at least ninety days, and the account owner the phone is/was tied to didn't owe them any money. You can call them at +1 (817) 698-4199 (as far as I know).

If they are unable or unwilling to unlock your phone, then I'm afraid you're in a tough spot, as the "legitimate" method the unlocking websites use to unlock iPhones has been down since December. Also, I don't believe there's a Gevey or other interposition device for the iPhone 5.

As for the CDMA question, I do believe Pelephone has a legacy CDMA (cdmaOne) network, that they don't sell phones for or anything. I doubt they'd be willing or able to activate your iPhone for that network...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Sprint in the USA will typically unlock an iPhone locked to their network for free if the phone has been on their service for at least ninety days, and the account owner the phone is/was tied to didn't owe them any money. You can call them at +1 (817) 698-4199 (as far as I know).

If they are unable or unwilling to unlock your phone, then I'm afraid you're in a tough spot, as the "legitimate" method the unlocking websites use to unlock iPhones has been down since December. Also, I don't believe there's a Gevey or other interposition device for the iPhone 5.

As for the CDMA question, I do believe Pelephone has a legacy CDMA (cdmaOne) network, that they don't sell phones for or anything. I doubt they'd be willing or able to activate your iPhone for that network...
    Hi,
    Thanks you for your answer.
    Pelephone had CDMA, but now they aren't support CDMA - I have an old Motorola that linked to an account with pelephone and can't get signal.
    My iPhone 5 never activate on Sprint account. I just want to activate it, because when it'll be activated I'll be able to use it with my SIM card via GPP nano turbo SIM card. Also, it will be legal because the phone was purchased from Sprint on October 21, before January 26.
    So, do you know if Sprint customer will ask Sprint to activate it, will it be activated?
    Because Sprint SIM doesn't activate the iPhone..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

did you get the working? curious.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    did you get the working? curious.
    No, I sold it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneIsrael View Post
    Hi everyone!
    It came without SIM.
    Thank you.
    You could call customer service and say you wanted to activate a new line, they literally do anything for you at this point. The trick is to actually go through with activation process with giving out your name, address, etc.. (don't have to give your real info) and by the end you can verify many things about the phone. In some cases, reps will help you out, in many other cases they simply wont and tell you to go to a sprint store.
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice.com