Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Selling a broken iPhone.

Default Selling a broken iPhone.
    So I've had a broken iphone 3G sitting in my desk for a while. Finally decided to put it up on eBay and make some money on my junk. The only question is, that if the buyer gets the right parts to fix it, they will be able to turn it on and get my information. I have it on eBay for parts it not working so is there any thing I can take out to make sure this thing will not be able to turn on? I cannot restore because when it broke I didn't have the right tools to take it apart so I just literally ripped the back off to see what was wrong. This didn't work and I just got a new phone. So all my stuff is still in this iPhone. Hopefully you guys could follow along in the story, and it wasn't too confusing. Basically the main question is what part can I break or take off the iPhone so it can never be used again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrown016 View Post
    So I've had a broken iphone 3G sitting in my desk for a while. Finally decided to put it up on eBay and make some money on my junk. The only question is, that if the buyer gets the right parts to fix it, they will be able to turn it on and get my information. I have it on eBay for parts it not working so is there any thing I can take out to make sure this thing will not be able to turn on? I cannot restore because when it broke I didn't have the right tools to take it apart so I just literally ripped the back off to see what was wrong. This didn't work and I just got a new phone. So all my stuff is still in this iPhone. Hopefully you guys could follow along in the story, and it wasn't too confusing. Basically the main question is what part can I break or take off the iPhone so it can never be used again?
    Just don't sell it... It's literally worth nothing.