+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 LTE radio stays disabled?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
My iPhone 5 for Verizon, currently on 6.1.2 and jailbroken, has a minor problem with the LTE radio. I don't know if it's just me or not, but I figured
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 LTE radio stays disabled?
    My iPhone 5 for Verizon, currently on 6.1.2 and jailbroken, has a minor problem with the LTE radio. I don't know if it's just me or not, but I figured I'd ask. I don't always have good LTE coverage, so I'll switch the LTE radio off and convert to good ol' 3G. I use NCSettings to turn the radio off, and it works just fine. Whenever I want to turn the LTE radio back on, I also use NCSettings. The LTE logo turns white, saying it's on, and stays that way, but I'll stay stuck on 3G. Why won't it switch back to LTE when the radio is on? I don't think the jailbreak in the cause of this, but there's always the possibility.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,829 Times in 6,148 Posts

Yeah, you probably don't want to be turning the LTE on and off like that. I've read that there is an issue with doing it that way.

If you want to turn it off, go thru:
    settings-> general-> cellular
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!