Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4s - Wifi greyed out fix

Default Iphone 4s - Wifi greyed out fix
    Hey guys, I know that there are countless threads about this issue. But has there been a fix for it? It occured when I upgraded to 6.1. Should I upgrade to 6.1.2 will that fix it? I've reead that upgrading to the 6.1.2 it's still greyed out. When I first updated my phone and jailbroke it the wifi seemed to work. Then it started to disconnect every few minutes. I have reset my network settings that used to work and I could turn it back on but now it's completey greyed out no matter how many times I reset my network settings.

I made an appointment to go into my local apple store. Now, I'm assuming that I should upgrade my phone to 6.1.2 and unjailbreak it before i go in. I just checked and my warrenty is good through October 2013. Will I have to pay for a replacement or they just replacing phones at no cost? I already had my phone replaced once through my apple care plan so I don't know if it will be $50 again or not. thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If the wifi went out which it sounds like has happened, they should give you a whole new phone on the basic 1 year warranty. When I bricked my original iPhone 4 they gave me a brand new phone.

Putting your device in a freezer really doesn't do anything other than cause some contraction of electrical components that may or may not fix a short. Problem with this is if it's temperature related, you'd have to have your phone froze all the time to work. The one thing you can do is take the back off and check that the antenna cable is connected all the way. But, even if it's not, your WiFi should not be grayed out. Have you tried to re-flash your phone on iTunes? Maybe try a complete factory restore and see if that helps.
    For details, read an article on "How to fix WiFi grayed out in iPhone 4S".
    Last edited by rossetti84; 05-28-2013 at 08:48 PM.