+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loss of Volume solution?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Hi all, new to this group. I recently jailbroke my iPhone 4S on 6.1 and not more than hour later, I tried to play a video and I heard a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Loss of Volume solution?
    Hi all, new to this group. I recently jailbroke my iPhone 4S on 6.1 and not more than hour later, I tried to play a video and I heard a weird scratchy sound and then nothing. Speaker phone will not work, nothing. Its as if the speaker on the bottom of the phone quit working. The phone hasnt gotten wet or had any bad drops lately. Its protected in LifeProof case. I have restored to a previous sync and then upgraded to 6.1.1 but nothing has worked. Volume works fine when hooked up to a headpiece. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Jeff

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey,

This is a known issue with 4S that has nothing to do with jailbreaking. Wait for a fix from apple, or jiggle your dock connector in the phone to see if you can get audio back. If you have a device with a dock, setting it on there and removing it might work too.

See more info here -
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=30&tstart=0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! Hoping a fix comes soon. My biggest worry was a hardware failure. Will keep my eyes open on that forum

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Do you still have one year apple factory warranty ? Bring it in to apple store and get a new one, after your restore to drop jailbrake. Bring home new iPhone. Jailbrake again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unfortunately, I'm a month outside of my warranty. Of course, right? The weird thing is that the volume seems to come and go now. Two hits working, 3 days not working. So idk. PLEASE any help would be appreciated. I may be a month away from just buying the 5 outright