Results 1 to 5 of 5

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Treating a wet iPhone?

  1. #1
    Default Treating a wet iPhone?
    Hey guys!

    I went to the swimming pool this week and accidently dropped my iPhone 4 there... I quickly researched the web and found an intersting article with instructions (here) and acted by them.
    My iPhone is still laying in the rice and I just wanted to see if there's anything else for me to do and when should I try turning it on.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Try taking the back off 2 screw's push up on the back it will lift right off use a can of AIR and blow dry it,,Which you should have done right away and it wouldn't hurt to remove battery(1 screw and a tiny clip dont lose it)youtube if you haven't ever taken bake off,if I had this problem I'd take most everything out so I could dry all the push on connector's the only thing is there are different length's screws so I draw the out line on paper and draw a pic of where the screw's are and take one out and tape to the paper where it went!! and then dry connector's,,it would give you the best chance this post might be too late.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by vtails View Post
    Try taking the back off 2 screw's push up on the back it will lift right off use a can of AIR and blow dry it,,Which you should have done right away and it wouldn't hurt to remove battery(1 screw and a tiny clip dont lose it)youtube if you haven't ever taken bake off,if I had this problem I'd take most everything out so I could dry all the push on connector's the only thing is there are different length's screws so I draw the out line on paper and draw a pic of where the screw's are and take one out and tape to the paper where it went!! and then dry connector's,,it would give you the best chance this post might be too late.
    Maybe a little too late LOL

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, yes rice is good, but the oven is better, if you can take the back off, all the better and take the battery out. Either way leave it in an oven at 50 degrees C for an hour will help evaporate any water. If you haven't got access to an oven, use a hair dryer, but no hotter than your hands can withstand.
    Afterwards, a very small amount of WD40 spray oil in the headphone jack and dock connector, then insert your headphones in and out a few times and with it powered off, brush the WD40 around the dock connector with a small paint brush, taking care not to rub the pins too hard. If the dock connector is badly corroded, they can be bought on eBay.
    Good luck

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

    scorpluto (02-12-2013)

  6. #5
    Think there are wet short circuits in the battery. You may need a new battery

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •