+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Victim of bad esn Sprint iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Hay guys and gals I am new to this forum. I bought an iPhone 5 on CL, I got dupped. The guy told me that it requires a SIM from
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Victim of bad esn Sprint iPhone 5
    Hay guys and gals I am new to this forum. I bought an iPhone 5 on CL, I got dupped. The guy told me that it requires a SIM from sprint. I figured easy enough, however when I took it to Sprint they told me that it has a bad ESN and they can not do anything.

Sorry for the long winded summery. Now all want to do is use the iPhone 5 as an iPod for the kids. However it is stuck at the activation.

I know I am stupid for doing this.

Any help to convert this iPhone to an iPod would be great. After doing a lot of reading the two choices I came up with are to wait for JB for iPhone 5 with or may be purchase a R7 sim card on ebay.

Thank You in advance for any input.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

someone how test it with r sim 7?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Theres people on internet that clean the esn for $80 search for cronic unlocks is the safest i think

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks! i love you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

javier13javier were you able to find someone. I would hate to send the phone to someone and never get a back?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by powerplyer View Post
    javier13javier were you able to find someone. I would hate to send the phone to someone and never get a back?
    If you're going to clean the esn you dont have to send it yous gave your esn# pay and wait

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for the reply, as I mentioned I just want use it as an iPod. I just do not want to drop more money on this phone. I searched around for cronic unlock and it is about a $145+ for Sprint with bad ESN.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If it still under apple warranty send it back if it has any issues or even make one up and get a refurb, it will come with clean esn and be able to be activated or resold 100% ready for a new buyer. Just had my sprint iPhone 5 replaced with refurb and after checking with sprint the refurb has a clean esn. Apple warranty stays check is easy and so is setting it up to be sent back they even overnight a box everything free as long as it's still in the 1 year warranty. Or take it to genius bar but they will most likely give you some hassle. Good luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry to revive this old thread, but this is similar to a query I have right now.

I'm also planning on buying a bad ESN (Verizon) iPhone 5 from CL, but only for use abroad. My questions are:

1. If it comes activated and I then just take it abroad, it should work with any international GSM carrier right (because I've heard that all Verizon iPhone 5's come international unlocked by default; as for the CDMA/GSM issue, this article on CNET.com says that even a CDMA iPhone 5 can work on basic GSM networks abroad, which is all I need).

2. If it doesn't come unlocked, or if I upgrade the firmware in the future, will it then go through the activation process through iTunes? If so, I'm assuming that it will then lock me out. However, if a jailbreak is available for that firmware version, then it should allow me to bypass activation right (just like redsn0w allows for ios 6.1.1 at the present time)?

3. If for some reason, the phone is unusable when I buy it, I'm willing to pay a bit extra for an ESN cleaning service. After that, will I still have to pay for an unlocking service, or will the original factory unlock suffice?