Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some opinions...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Default Need some opinions...
    How much would you guys pay for a Verizon iPhone 4 in perfect condition. Has front and back protectors, comes with 3 cases and 1 bumper. Original box and manuals. Original charger head but amazonbasics branded cable.

One slight problem, the home button is reactive but difficult to work. You have to press it really hard for it to react.

I was thinking about doing the replacement but scared I will break something. I also thought about paying someone to replace it but don't want it to cost too much (do you know ballpark how much that's cost).

I would have priced it at $250 if the home button wasn't screwed up, now I just want to know how much you're willing to pay for it as is. Fully functional and in perfect condition except the home button.

TIA guys.

Id give you 160 for it but that just just because verizon phones dont sell for much in my neck of the woods.
    Id cost you 35 dollars with return shipping to fix the home button.

Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Hm...quite a decent offer. I still have yet to decide what I really want to do...

Let me know either way.
    You would make more money with it fixed

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Regardless of the home button issue, I've seen 4's sell on craigslist and ebay for almost $300. I would try to sell it for around $250 and I can guarantee you would get some offers. Start off high on the price anyway because people will try to talk you down.

Verizon or AT&T ?

i.Annie I've heard of the dreaded home button issue in my experience working on iPhones many times! Sounds crazy but try this:
    1)Turn your iPhone off
    2)Squirt a tiny amount of wd-40 right on the home button.
    3) Now press and depress the home button continuously for 30 - 60 sec.

When you power on your phone, the home button problem should be solved. (long explanation why this works lmgtfy .

However, I don't like to pay a lot for my iPhones so I would not be the best judge of value.

Thanks

Lol thanks for the advice but I managed to fix the home buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by theomer View Post
    i.Annie I've heard of the dreaded home button issue in my experience working on iPhones many times! Sounds crazy but try this:
    1)Turn your iPhone off
    2)Squirt a tiny amount of wd-40 right on the home button.
    3) Now press and depress the home button continuously for 30 - 60 sec.

When you power on your phone, the home button problem should be solved. (long explanation why this works lmgtfy .

However, I don't like to pay a lot for my iPhones so I would not be the best judge of value.
    Not to everyone who read this DO NOT SPRAY WD-40 INTO YOUR PHONE EVER

Thanks

I just read up on that. Seems to be a way to loosen up the button which I didn't need. The flex cable needed to be replaced. It wasn't a matter of the button being depressed too far or stuck.

Seems to be a method with more negative feedback than positive anyhow.

It's a method used mainly when you end up with dirt or grime caked under the home button / pressing it makes it miss clicks.

Anyway glad it worked out for ya.