+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 5 bad esn and international use

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I know with other sprint bad esn phones such as the photon works overseas no problem. Q- will a sprint iphone 5 work in europe that has a bad esn
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 5 bad esn and international use
    I know with other sprint bad esn phones such as the photon works overseas no problem.

Q- will a sprint iphone 5 work in europe that has a bad esn ? does it have to be unlocked jailbroken etc ?
    Or can plug my european sim card and use the phone in europe?

Thanks

Sprint iPhones are not GSM unlocked out-of-the-box. They may work with roaming overseas, but without a Sprint plan tied to the device, you're probably out of luck. You'll have to clear the ESN with Sprint before they'll unlock it.

There are unlock services out there that purport to clear the ESN as part of the unlock process--no idea if they actually work, your mileage may vary.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think your misinformed..

Sprint phones are gsm unlocked I have used bad esn phones in europe right out of box I just never had experience with iphones just android phones

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freshpl View Post
    I think your misinformed..

Sprint phones are gsm unlocked I have used bad esn phones in europe right out of box I just never had experience with iphones just android phones
    Feel free to double-check your IMEI number for SIM-lock status with a website like s-url.ro or iphoneox.com. However, I am fairly confident that Sprint iPhone 5 units are GSM-locked out of the box, unlike some of Sprint's other devices.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Feel free to double-check your IMEI number for SIM-lock status with a website like s-url.ro or iphoneox.com. However, I am fairly confident that Sprint iPhone 5 units are GSM-locked out of the box, unlike some of Sprint's other devices.
    thanks for the prompt response. looks like iphone 5s are currently locked. androids are unlocked and digging around ppl are working on an unlock so I will have to wait. cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, what if i put an R SIM 7 in a Bad ESN iphone 5? I'm from LATAM, so there is no problem with USA carriers.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If R-Sim 7 suits yuor iPhone 5 you can use it no matter if ESN (meid) bad or not.

Thanks

Hi,if I have Sprint iPhone 5 can I still use overseas on GSM Network or do I have to get unlocked,your help will be appreciated.