+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock my sprint iphone 4?? (not 4s)

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
hi, i have a sprint iphone 4 which im currently still using it has the jailbreak im still under a contract with sprint on it but the bill is way
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default unlock my sprint iphone 4?? (not 4s)
    hi,
    i have a sprint iphone 4 which im currently still using it has the jailbreak im still under a contract with sprint on it but the bill is way to high and im trying to figure out how to unlock it for virgin mobile, simple mobile, boost etc or if it can even be unlocked at all.

if someone can help me with that it would be appreciated

Thanks

Unfortunately, the N92 iPhone (iPhone 4 CDMA) lacks a SIM card slot, so it cannot be used on any GSM carrier.

Further, because of the way the CDMA network technology works, no CDMA carrier, including Sprint's subsidiaries, can (or perhaps the better term is "will") accept an iPhone not purchased explicitly for their network.

About all I can advise is paying the early termination fee, selling your iPhone, and trying again with a different carrier. Keep in mind that Virgin Mobile and Simple Mobile (Boost does not carry the iPhone, and because of the aforementioned CDMA hurdles, you can't take an iPhone with you), will require you to pay full price for an iPhone (cheapest one I've seen is $400 with Cricket) in order to escape a contract.