Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade or Bypass Activation Screen on Verizon's iPhone 4S iOS 6.

Default Downgrade or Bypass Activation Screen on Verizon's iPhone 4S iOS 6.
    Like the title suggests, I purchased a Verizon iPhone 4S that has been unlocked for international GSM use. Problem is I cannot activate the phone since I'm not on Verizon. When I install my international sim, it registers on the network but I cannot bypass the activation screen. Any thoughts? can I downgrade the phone to 5.1.1 and jailbreak effectively hacktivating the phone considering I've no saved blobs?

If you're on 6.0 the 4S can't be downgraded to 5.1.1 even with blobs saved. Apple fixed the downgrade bug for the 4S in 6.0 Outside of that I know nothing of hacktivating or anything so hopefully someone can answer that for you.

Thanks for your input, indeed I am on iOS 6. I'm fairly confident all I need is an activation hack coz the foreign sim registers on the network as you can see on the attached image. Any advice?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1349610886.207137.jpg  

Hey any progress on this? I have a black 4s from verizon and when I put my SIM card a message shows saying that the phone needs to be activated with a valid SIM (from a supported carrier).

Hey, it turns out the phone wasn't unlocked for international GSM use. Sucks!

the the unlock code on ebay. cost 4.99 and up

So you were not able to unlock it?

In my case it just cames a message of activation required.

That's for At@t, Verizon 4S unlock you are looking at $100 and up!

The activation required screen, should apparently not pop up if the phone is unlocked. The guys who do imei unlocks, also do free imei checks. They will let you know if your phone has a clean esn as well as the sim lock status.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPDC View Post
    the the unlock code on ebay. cost 4.99 and up
    Not Verizon 4S, that costs $100 and up!

Quote Originally Posted by moreks View Post
    So you were not able to unlock it?

In my case it just cames a message of activation required.
    Activation required implies only the original carrier sim can activate the phone and thus the phone is locked. If u'd like to be sure, some of the guys who do imei unlocks also do free esn and sim lock status checks.
    Last edited by droidadikt; 10-17-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Would this work?
    I believe I'd seen this before and if you read the ad carefully, (correct me if im wrong) it appears only the GSM iPhone 4S works without a jailbreak, with a CDMA iPhone 4S a jailbreak is necessary for this solution to work.

Quote Originally Posted by droidadikt View Post
    I believe I'd seen this before and if you read the ad carefully, (correct me if im wrong) it appears only the GSM iPhone 4S works without a jailbreak, with a CDMA iPhone 4S a jailbreak is necessary for this solution to work.
    Since I would need to have my verizon locked phone to work as gsm in Brazil, would it work as gsm only?

Hello all, final update to this story. It's confirmed my iPhone was not unlocked. I purchased an unlock solution off eBay and in less than 24hrs, I was unlocked. No restore no nothing, just popped in my foreign SIM card and I was good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by droidadikt View Post
    Hello all, final update to this story. It's confirmed my iPhone was not unlocked. I purchased an unlock solution off eBay and in less than 24hrs, I was unlocked. No restore no nothing, just popped in my foreign SIM card and I was good to go!
    What unlock solution did you buy? Are you outside of USA?

What unlock solution did you buy? Are you outside of USA?
    Check out the link below, seller was accepting offers, paid $100 for it. I'm not from the USA, born and raised in Africa to be specific. Please note, factory unlocks for Verizon iPhone 4S don't work with any GSM providers in the states.

http://bit.ly/QQ8CV8