Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: newbie: please help

Default newbie: please help
    So even though I knew better I updated to ios 6! So I am attempting to complete the tethered jailbreak with redsn0w's tethered jb application but as embarassing as it is, I absolutly have not been able to SSH into it! I installed vssh on iphone and have tried PutTy, WINscp, and filezilla! When I attemptt to connect to my IP address, CONNECTION REFUSED: IP REFUSED! I have disabled file log, messed around with the proxy server, and have been attempted this for DAYS! Yes I am a newbie at this but instead of giving me grief would greatly appreciate some help or advice!

Hammond Louisiana
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Jailbreak for 6.0 is tethered but its also not to be used unless your a developer they have a lot of bugs and all on there. Wouldn't recommend doing it.

My hope was to job tethered with the above mentioned software login to cud is and send my shsh blobs (5.1.1) to myself and then downgrade... I failed to realize that I actually had to send them, I thought I was doing right just by saving them.... I can wait, miss my jb tho...