Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I unlock a sprint iPhone 5 and use it on AT&T?

Default Can I unlock a sprint iPhone 5 and use it on AT&T?
    I have sprint right now and it'd be nice to keep the same phone when I switch back to AT&T. Is it possible? Should I get an AT&T iPhone 5 or a sprint iPhone 5? Thanks if anyone can help

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

They got IMEI unlocks out there that can make this happen. eBay is ya best bet to find what ya looking for. Just make sure they have a good positive feedback

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chula's Avatar
    Thanks

How can this be Sprint and At&T are 2 different networks

I just bought a factory unlocked iphone 5 from ebay and wanted to activate with AT&T but they found out that it has a Sprint SIM card on it. They said it was not well unlocked, please what can you do about it. Thanks

Sprint iPhone 5 can't use on AT&T u need to look for a gevvy sim on eBay that will unlock it and make it work on AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by ivietnam View Post
    Sprint iPhone 5 can't use on AT&T u need to look for a gevvy sim on eBay that will unlock it and make it work on AT&T
    I'm looking for the samething as the original poster for my friend.
    I see the Gevey Sim online but it's only for the iPhone 4s.

I had a Sprint iphone 5 and an AT&T...I was not able to do it but i believe Sprint or Verizon can be "flashed" but I found that very hard compared to unlocking an iphone 3gs to use on Tmobile. Not to mention Sprint has terrible service at least from my experience which may be why they are so hardcore about letting people even unlock for over seas use...

The networks are not compatible so even with unlocked device, features just won't work.

Sprint's "unlocks" for their iPhones do not allow the phones to connect to any Domestic US GSM carriers. It will work overseas.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes but you can flash a 4 or 4s that's on Verizon to work for a cheapie like Cricket. Not sure about Sprint.

Sprint would not be using a SIM card, not on an iPhone 4 at least and I'm not sure sprint uses them in my 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just checked, I popped my SIM card out and my phone worked.

The sim card on a Sprint iPhone 4S is for international use. It wouldn't make a difference if you're using the phone domestically with Sprint.