+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my iphone 4s is stuck in reboot, help?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
so ive got this iphone 4s for sprint...stuck in boot loop..apple logo is there for about 5 seconds, disappears and then shows back up for 5 more seconds and continues
    Thanks

Default my iphone 4s is stuck in reboot, help?
    so ive got this iphone 4s for sprint...stuck in boot loop..apple logo is there for about 5 seconds, disappears and then shows back up for 5 more seconds and continues for forever. when trying to restore normally i get itunes error 21...if i put it into DFU mode, i get same thing, itunes error 21...if i put it into recovery mode and try to restore, same thing, itunes error 21...if i shift restore while in recovery mode, i get itunes error -1....ive never even heard of negative one and nothing on google even mentions that error...does anyone have any clue at all what i could do? ive even tried ireb, tiny umbrella and recboot...nothing ...any suggestions?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Error -1
    Error occurs when one uses the "last ditch" method for preventing baseband updates on the iPhone 4. The baseband does not get updated using this method. Use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode.

And error 21
    Error 21
    Custom firmware restore fail (PwnageTool since 4.1). You have to put your device into the DFU mode and not into recovery mode. Device won't boot correctly an stuck at the Apple logo after the error. Press and hold power and home button until it reboots.
    Error when using Sauriks server for a restore with iOS 5.x in the recovery mode at least on a A5 device.
    This error can also happen when you try to restore an iPod with hardware dfu. Use iREB r5 to solve this.
    You are trying to update to a beta firmware without UDID activation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Error -1
    Error occurs when one uses the "last ditch" method for preventing baseband updates on the iPhone 4. The baseband does not get updated using this method. Use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode.

And error 21
    Error 21
    Custom firmware restore fail (PwnageTool since 4.1). You have to put your device into the DFU mode and not into recovery mode. Device won't boot correctly an stuck at the Apple logo after the error. Press and hold power and home button until it reboots.
    Error when using Sauriks server for a restore with iOS 5.x in the recovery mode at least on a A5 device.
    This error can also happen when you try to restore an iPod with hardware dfu. Use iREB r5 to solve this.
    You are trying to update to a beta firmware without UDID activation.

thank you but as ive said ive tried all off those in every possible order and condition i could think of and i always get one or the other error. this phone has never been jailbroken before. it was simply plugged in to a computer to charge, went blank and began the continuous reboot. itunes never even launched so idk...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You've tried both custom and stock firmware?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You've tried both custom and stock firmware?
    yes i have

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    yes i have
    I would take the phone back if you could. Never been JB its a defect I'd let sprint have back or which ever company ur with.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I would try restoring from recovery mode to stock firmware on a different computer.

Thanks

It sounds like a defect.