+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No ringtones or other sounds/tones

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I was JB on my Iphone4 with firmware 4.xx I started to notice that my tones werent working right. At night when I go to bed, I plug it in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No ringtones or other sounds/tones
    I was JB on my Iphone4 with firmware 4.xx
    I started to notice that my tones werent working right. At night when I go to bed, I plug it in and when it recognizes the charger it used to do a tone, that was the first I noticed to go. Then the phone started crashing when I would try to open different apps like the maps or open a link through email....
    I finally got to the point last night where I decided to go ahead and update and re jailbreak since there was an unteathered JB for 5.1.1.
    I finally backed everything up that I could and hooked up the phone to my PC. Downloaded the update and installed it. Then went right away to Jailbreaking it with absinth2. Then I texted my wife to text me to see if there was or was not a tone... nothing. Asked her to call me - nothing. It shows on the screen I got the text or call but it makes no sound. It does vibrate but the vibration is weak at best.
    I did have tones when a call or text or email came in before I reset and updated the phone. Now I have absolutely nothing.
    I am in the process of doing it all again, but this time I will check to see if there are tones before jailbreaking her....
    Ok, just re-did her... still no tones.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Serp

Edit.... I feel like such an idiot.... not sure how, since I have never used it hence why i had not thought of it... the mute switch next to the volume button was set to mute....
    Thanks for not tearing me up too badly....
    Last edited by serpentine5; 07-07-2012 at 11:45 PM.