+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s CDMA verizon Unlock experience

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
So i have unlock my iPhone 4s CDMA Verizon and here are my experience on how its going for me and also telling people what feature will work out the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4s CDMA verizon Unlock experience
    So i have unlock my iPhone 4s CDMA Verizon and here are my experience on how its going for me and also telling people what feature will work out the box . I'm writing this since i have google for this question about unlocking an iPhone 4s CDMA and what will work and what wont on it. I am using Red Pocket Mobile and MVNO of A&tt. So here we go.

What wont work
    -Facetime and iMessage doesn't work with your phone number only with your email.
    - Voice mail tab doesn't work it will send you to vodafone , you will have to add manually your voice mail number in your favorites to use it.

What works
    -3G on AT&AT and MVNO's of AT&T such as Red Pocket ,Straight Talk ect
    -2G on Simple mobile and T-mobile
    -MMS works if it doesn't send once setting are inputed

iPhone 4s Verizon Bad ESN Unlocked with Gevey Ultra S ,using redpocket.

If there are fixes for this issues let me know and and if i miss anything also.
    Last edited by light49; 06-12-2012 at 09:56 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you would restore your iphone, would there be any problems activating through itunes? do you need to "hacktivate" it like the old iphones?
    I'm considering buying a bad esn iphone 4s for using abroad, i'm not from the us so I dont care...
    thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There's is no need to hacktivate ,your phone will activate but your are going to get a message saying waiting for activation which is from the carrier you are on . So if you have to follow the iPhone activation prompts then yes you will get to the home screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you sure you want have any problems with activation through itunes? the push notifications works fine? the only problem is the link to imessege and facetime?
    thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pretty sure my iPhone is a bad esn and I get push on everything and FaceTime works only with email