Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Ultra S for CDMA 4S 5.1.1 2.0.12

**5005*86*voicemail#

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    find out what number you have to dial to get to your voicemail and just add it to your contacts. Then just use that to get to it.
    **5005*86*voicemail#

Quote Originally Posted by light49 View Post
    well i input my apn by going to unlock.co.nz select it red pocket then i went to apn settings edited mms it works but my voice mail tab sende to vodafone international
    **5005*86*voicemail#

Thanks
    Thanked 15,287 Times in 7,012 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gti3993 View Post
    **5005*86*voicemail#

**5005*86*voicemail#

**5005*86*voicemail#
    Those codes to reset your voicemail do not work anymore with a 4S like they used to with the iPhone 4. At least they didn't for me and numerous others I saw when researching this issue for my 4S.

For my voicemail I just dial my phone number and I have a Verizon unlocked iPhone 4s on simple mobile.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Quote Originally Posted by light49 View Post
    So I unlocked my iPhone 4s for sprint with a gevey now everything works except voicemail I can't get it to work it sends me to vodafone . Is there a fix for this . I'm in red pocket .
    So I can't answer your question but can you answer one for me does SMS texting work on your iphone

Default Activation?
    Hello all, I have one question, my Sprint 4S is not activated with a Sprint SIM and I no longer have a SIM to activate it, my phone, however, is jailbroken

So does Gevey Ultra S would work without my phone being activated?

Would highly appreciate your input...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

You can always hacktivate it....

I'm pretty sure you have to be activated for it to work, but I'm not going to say that for sure since I'm no unlock expert. (Simon, correct me if I'm wrong)
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Cant hactivate a 4S. But the white reset sim should work to activate the phone. Put that in with the gevey. Set it to Sprint, then take that out and put your sim in with the gevey. Phone should activate after that.

Wow, very fast and informative replies, thanks a bunch guys!

So basically, I assume I would be safe if I buy a Gevey to unlock 5.1.1, speaking of Gevey, some sellers on eBay claim to sell original Gevey Ultra S multi-network for around $15, and they have like a hundred positive feedbacks saying it works as advertised.

So are these fake or original? Because even someone here in the previous page suggested an eBay reseller, so I assume they are not fake and they do work properly, but any input would once again be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hard to tell. There are many fakes for iPhone 4 geveys. Not sure for the 4S. Lowest I have seen on eBay is about $27 for a CDMA multi network compatible Gevey ultra S. Any lower than that and it may be a gpp or rsim3 which aren't as good as the Gevey ultra S and not sure they will work on a sprint 4S on 5.1.1.

I haven't looked on eBay recently though so you never know.

Edit: just checked eBay and they do seem to be going for about $15 now. Seller I have been using had them at $27 2 weeks ago. Now $15.

Thank you for the input, appreciate it.

Really awesome that you actually went and checked the pricing as a clarification, so once again, I'd like to thank you...

Now before I take the plunge, I checked Applenberry's website, and I saw this written in their website "Remember also that your CDMA iPhone 4S must be activated through iTunes and jailbroken", so should I be afraid or it's almost certain that the white reset SIM would do the job?

In any case, I am not fearing a loss of $15 ($20 with shipment), but I am currently on 5.0.1 and I already have a working SIM interposer from X-SIM, and also, my current SIM is activated through SAM, but since I want to update to 5.1.1 for better battery performance and other tweaks, and the fact that X-SIM is a hell to set up, especially when it comes to changing my SIM with a different one, I want to take the route of Gevey as they seem to be far more hassle-free.

My issue since the very first moment has been the lack of the Sprint SIM, which is why I went with X-SIM in the first place, and where I currently reside, I cannot get my hands on a Sprint SIM for even 10 seconds...

So if only this Gevey would work, I would be far less troubled with iPhone's battery and unlocking issues.
    Last edited by iSea; 06-26-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks

Well I have not tried it with a Sprint iPhone. But I have activated a Verizon one personally with only the white reset sim and then my sim and the gevey. So it should be pretty similar.

Okay guys I'm new to this forum but I got a question

So I got a Verizon iPhone 4S running 5.1.1 and jailbroken. I'm going to buy the Gevey Ultra S. I'm taking a trip to Mexico in 2 weeks n I will be there for 3 weeks so I'm planning on using a sim card from a carrier there into my iPhone. Now with the Gevey Ulta S, if I put the Mexican sim card, will be be able to just take the sim card out n be back on Verizon with no issues when I get back?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayR_Flow View Post
    Okay guys I'm new to this forum but I got a question

So I got a Verizon iPhone 4S running 5.1.1 and jailbroken. I'm going to buy the Gevey Ultra S. I'm taking a trip to Mexico in 2 weeks n I will be there for 3 weeks so I'm planning on using a sim card from a carrier there into my iPhone. Now with the Gevey Ulta S, if I put the Mexican sim card, will be be able to just take the sim card out n be back on Verizon with no issues when I get back?
    Yes you will since it was originally locked to that carrier anyways. Unlocking allows any carrier to be used on the phone.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Default AT&T to Verizon
    Hey so I recently got an AT&T iPhone 4S 5.1.1, but I have Verizon as my network. I was wondering if I could use the GEVEY Ultra S to unlock the AT&T iPhone to use on Verizon or if that is not possible to go from a GSM to Verizon. If it is possible, do I need to get a SIM card from a Verizon store or what are the steps I need to take to convert the phone over. Thanks.
    Last edited by benjaminj13; 07-09-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminj13 View Post
    Hey so I recently got an AT&T iPhone 4S 5.1.1, but I have Verizon as my network. I was wondering if I could use the GEVEY Ultra S to unlock the AT&T iPhone to use on Verizon or if that is not possible to go from a GSM to Verizon. If it is possible, do I need to get a SIM card from a Verizon store or what are the steps I need to take to convert the phone over. Thanks.
    Not possible. You can go CDMA to gsm but not the other way around.

Default Verizon Iphone 4s
    I have a Verizon Iphone 4s iOs 5.1.1 BB 2.0.12, can it be unlocked using SAM or gevey with FuriousMod? I tried to order the gevey CDMA pro unlocker from the geveypro website, however had a huge run around....any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks

Default Verizon Iphone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Try this site out.

Apple N Berry | GEVEY

I have tried that site as well....I know they sell them also...I am more so looking for anyone that has had luck in unlocking a Verizon Iphone such as mine on the same iOs and BB...I saw an earlier post in this thread that listed an ebay seller that sells the gevey products, but also saw something about the 2.0.12 BB on 5.1.1 not being able to be unlocked on CDMA with Gevey/FuriousMod??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoww79 View Post
    I have tried that site as well....I know they sell them also...I am more so looking for anyone that has had luck in unlocking a Verizon Iphone such as mine on the same iOs and BB...I saw an earlier post in this thread that listed an ebay seller that sells the gevey products, but also saw something about the 2.0.12 BB on 5.1.1 not being able to be unlocked on CDMA with Gevey/FuriousMod??
    They work fine on 5.1.1 with that baseband for Verizon iPhones. As long as you get the CDMA gevey ultra S.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast