Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone randomly gives me an "waiting for activation" message and reboots

Default iPhone randomly gives me an "waiting for activation" message and reboots
    I have an iPhone 4 Verizon that's running 5.0.1. I use it as an iPod touch, so it gives me the usual "waiting for activation...failed" message after each reboot. Recently however it sometimes bring up that message while I'm randomly doing something. If i don't do anything, it will reboot. Even a respring doesn't fix the problem; it has to be a reboot. I restored the phone, restoring from backup, but it still happens on occasion. What could be causing the phone to randomly want to activate and then reboot as a consequence?

Default Are you jailbroken..?
    IF your jailbroken restore it without jailbreaking
    Quote Originally Posted by hbdragon88 View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 Verizon that's running 5.0.1. I use it as an iPod touch, so it gives me the usual "waiting for activation...failed" message after each reboot. Recently however it sometimes bring up that message while I'm randomly doing something. If i don't do anything, it will reboot. Even a respring doesn't fix the problem; it has to be a reboot. I restored the phone, restoring from backup, but it still happens on occasion. What could be causing the phone to randomly want to activate and then reboot as a consequence?