Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Can't hear earpiece after color conversion!

  1. #1
    Default Can't hear earpiece after color conversion!
    I can hear a tiny bit of volume when it is turned all the way up, but cannot understand what is being said. The dust screen looks fine and I blew it out with some air and had no improvements. It's driving me crazy, have any idea why this is happening?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Djbeatsent View Post
    I can hear a tiny bit of volume when it is turned all the way up, but cannot understand what is being said. The dust screen looks fine and I blew it out with some air and had no improvements. It's driving me crazy, have any idea why this is happening?
    could be a cable not properly connected or maybe a part is blocking...you're gonna have to reopen it back up and recheck all cables

  3. #3
    I checked the cables and they all seem to be correctly. Is there a way to test the speaker to verify if it is a speaker hardware issue?

    How would I replace that speaker?

    I've had a phone I can't hear with for 3 weeks now and it's driving me crazy.

  4. #4
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,838
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 267 Times in 255 Posts

    If ya wanted the speaker replaced, you'd have to get it from a 3rd party retailer or from Apple. If it happened after you used that kit, it's certainly a hardware issue since the kits don't modify software. I really reccomend retracing your steps (Working backwards) and taking everything that was added and disassembled off the device and putting it back on. Make sure all cables are plugged into the right slots and secured the right way. You may want to refer to the customer manual if it still continues to not work.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    If ya wanted the speaker replaced, you'd have to get it from a 3rd party retailer or from Apple. If it happened after you used that kit, it's certainly a hardware issue since the kits don't modify software. I really reccomend retracing your steps (Working backwards) and taking everything that was added and disassembled off the device and putting it back on. Make sure all cables are plugged into the right slots and secured the right way. You may want to refer to the customer manual if it still continues to not work.
    Customer Manual? Where would I find that? I traced my steps back to care bones and everything seems correct. I've done about 50 phones and have never had this problem.

  6. #6
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,838
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 267 Times in 255 Posts

    You could probably get some help from the company you bought it from. Just visit their website or contact them.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

  7. #7
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norwalk, Ca
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Djbeatsent View Post
    I can hear a tiny bit of volume when it is turned all the way up, but cannot understand what is being said. The dust screen looks fine and I blew it out with some air and had no improvements. It's driving me crazy, have any idea why this is happening?
    I took a Q-tip and cleaned the phonejack with a tad bit of windex. This helped me when I couldn't hear out of my earpiece and could only talk to others through the speaker. When you dial, do you hear the numbers dialing? If you do, then your earpiece is bad and must be replaced.

  8. #8
    When I dial numbers I can hear them being dialed. Is that speaker connected to the light sensor flex cable at all? My power button doesn't work either, maybe they are linked problems??

  9. #9
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,838
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 267 Times in 255 Posts

    They could be. There's lots of repair services out there. @Cowboy could probably help you out most (He mods hardware).
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

  10. #10
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norwalk, Ca
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    They could be. There's lots of repair services out there. @Cowboy could probably help you out most (He mods hardware).
    @Cowboy, muahahahhah!! really? That fool sent me a private message talking smack. If anything, avoid people like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djbeatsent View Post
    When I dial numbers I can hear them being dialed. Is that speaker connected to the light sensor flex cable at all? My power button doesn't work either, maybe they are linked problems??
    I think that's it! I had my flex cable replaced on my iPhone3g because the sensor next to the earpiece faulted. Soon after, I drop my phone and it shattered. Waste of money and time. replacing the flex cable might fix your issue because if you can hear the numbers when you dial, you're earpiece is faulted.
    Last edited by vbuen323; 05-08-2012 at 07:48 AM.

  11. #11
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,838
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 267 Times in 255 Posts

    I wouldn't talk about moderators that way... Like I said before though, it's probably good to know how to use those kits before you use them since they can really screw your device up.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •