Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't hear earpiece after color conversion!

Default Can't hear earpiece after color conversion!
    I can hear a tiny bit of volume when it is turned all the way up, but cannot understand what is being said. The dust screen looks fine and I blew it out with some air and had no improvements. It's driving me crazy, have any idea why this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Djbeatsent View Post
    I can hear a tiny bit of volume when it is turned all the way up, but cannot understand what is being said. The dust screen looks fine and I blew it out with some air and had no improvements. It's driving me crazy, have any idea why this is happening?
    could be a cable not properly connected or maybe a part is blocking...you're gonna have to reopen it back up and recheck all cables

I checked the cables and they all seem to be correctly. Is there a way to test the speaker to verify if it is a speaker hardware issue?

How would I replace that speaker?

I've had a phone I can't hear with for 3 weeks now and it's driving me crazy.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

If ya wanted the speaker replaced, you'd have to get it from a 3rd party retailer or from Apple. If it happened after you used that kit, it's certainly a hardware issue since the kits don't modify software. I really reccomend retracing your steps (Working backwards) and taking everything that was added and disassembled off the device and putting it back on. Make sure all cables are plugged into the right slots and secured the right way. You may want to refer to the customer manual if it still continues to not work.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    If ya wanted the speaker replaced, you'd have to get it from a 3rd party retailer or from Apple. If it happened after you used that kit, it's certainly a hardware issue since the kits don't modify software. I really reccomend retracing your steps (Working backwards) and taking everything that was added and disassembled off the device and putting it back on. Make sure all cables are plugged into the right slots and secured the right way. You may want to refer to the customer manual if it still continues to not work.
    Customer Manual? Where would I find that? I traced my steps back to care bones and everything seems correct. I've done about 50 phones and have never had this problem.

Thanks

You could probably get some help from the company you bought it from. Just visit their website or contact them.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I took a Q-tip and cleaned the phonejack with a tad bit of windex. This helped me when I couldn't hear out of my earpiece and could only talk to others through the speaker. When you dial, do you hear the numbers dialing? If you do, then your earpiece is bad and must be replaced.

When I dial numbers I can hear them being dialed. Is that speaker connected to the light sensor flex cable at all? My power button doesn't work either, maybe they are linked problems??

Thanks

They could be. There's lots of repair services out there. @Cowboy could probably help you out most (He mods hardware).

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    They could be. There's lots of repair services out there. @Cowboy could probably help you out most (He mods hardware).
    @Cowboy, muahahahhah!! really? That fool sent me a private message talking smack. If anything, avoid people like that.

When I dial numbers I can hear them being dialed. Is that speaker connected to the light sensor flex cable at all? My power button doesn't work either, maybe they are linked problems??
    I think that's it! I had my flex cable replaced on my iPhone3g because the sensor next to the earpiece faulted. Soon after, I drop my phone and it shattered. Waste of money and time. replacing the flex cable might fix your issue because if you can hear the numbers when you dial, you're earpiece is faulted.
    Last edited by vbuen323; 05-08-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Thanks

I wouldn't talk about moderators that way... Like I said before though, it's probably good to know how to use those kits before you use them since they can really screw your device up.