Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't view MMS unless saved to Camera Roll

Default Can't view MMS unless saved to Camera Roll
    Hey all - I have an issue regarding picture messages. When I receive them, I see the preview in the text bubble, but when I tap it, it brings up a black screen. I CAN save them to my camera roll and view them there, but I wanted to know why this started happening? I reinstalled BiteSMS, as well as checked the iPhone's Messages app, to no avail. Any help!?

Hammond Louisiana
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Sounds like a tweak conflicting with it maybe. Turn all your substrates and see if it works.

Or go into safe mode and see if it helps.

I read somewhere it's the new version of photoalbums+ I'm having the same issue... Have you solved it?

It very well could be..I do have Photo Albums +. I'm afraid to reinstall it though as I have a lot of albums very organized and don't feel like organizing them it likely wouldn't solve the issue. I guess I'll be contacting the developer! Thanks for the heads up!

I can def confirm its that I disabled the mobile substrate and now pics are viewable and it didn't mess my albums up...

Yes!! I'm so glad I found this thread. I have been having the EXACT same issue! I also updated to the latest version of PhotoAlbums+. I don't have that many Cydia apps on my phone, and being that it had just started shortly after I updated PhotoAlbums+ I kinda figured it was that.

I emailed the developer (maybe?) thru Cydia, but if someone else has a better way to get ahold of him that'd be great. It's a big pain having to save every picture to my phone just to view it.
    Last edited by TurboGoKart; 03-28-2012 at 10:50 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TurboGoKart For This Useful Post:

Towboater68 (04-13-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    West Monroe, Louisiana, United States

Is there a way to just disable photo albums+ until a fix comes out? Someone needs to develop a tweak for this where you can turn apps on and off....

Yah you can disable it in SBSettings Options under 'MobileSubstrate Addons'
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.