Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade HELP!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Downgrade HELP!
    Hello all,

Okay, I've been very frustrated trying to downgrade my iPhone 4 (Verizon) this past weekend. I've tried everything (changing hosts file name, flushing cache in terminal, adding and removing hashes in the hosts file, utilizing TinyUmbrella, getting into Pwned DFU mode, selecting custom ISPW, restarting the computer, and much more) with no success. I feel like throwing my phone at the wall but I know that wouldn't benefit me in any way. If anyone knows how to successfully downgrade from 5.0.1 to 5.0, I would greatly, I don mean greatly, appreciate all help. I do have the correct ISPW file, I am using the correct redsn0w tool, but maybe I have to use an older iTunes version? I don't know, I've exhausted all my resources and I am just too tired.

Here are my system specs:

OSX Lion 10.7.3
    iTunes 10.6 (64bit).

Please help!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

You had it jailbroken on 5.0 before right??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes but Cydia doesn't have my saved SHSH blob for 5.0, if that's what you're referring to. I've tried to restore from tiny umbrella to my current firmware--5.0.1--with no success. It's either the device isn't eligible for requested build, error 1600 or error 11 codes that I keep getting in iTunes.

Thanks

Tinyumbrella hasn't worked for replaying shsh/tickets since the release of 5.0, so that's why that method won't work.

You can try checking tinyumbrella to see if it's stored it... But I'm guessing TU doesn't have it either?

What you'll need to do is to store your shsh locally & then stitch it to an IPSW... Does it have to be 5.0 or could you use the current 5.0.1 you have?
    Last edited by Susty; 03-19-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susty View Post
    Tinyumbrella hasn't worked for replaying shsh/tickets since the release of 5.0, so that's why that method won't work.

You can try checking tinyumbrella to see if it's stored it... But I'm guessing TU doesn't have it either?
    Nope. I think I'm pretty much F-ed right? I can't even restore to a clean 5.0.1, which, is stored in TU. When the software is extracting, it looks like it's going through but it gives me an error code 1600 or 11. Maybe i'm not using TU properly, can that be the issue? I put my phone in DFU mode, start TSS server, but I till get the error in iTunes.

What you'll need to do is to store your shsh locally & then stitch it to an IPSW... Does it have to be 5.0 or could you use the current 5.0.1 you have?

This is interesting, how do I stitch it to an IPSW? I like 5.X firmware because of iMessage. I would hate to lose that. That's the reason why I want to stick with 5.0, older firmwares are more compatible with Cydia tweaks, but I really enjoy 5.0 features. The 5.0.1 firmware is battery draining due to that Corona tweak. That might be the issue, but if I don't have corona installed, many of my Cydia tweaks won't work. Do you know another way around it? Maybe I should just re-JB and use the current redsn0w, would I still need Corona?
    Last edited by vbuen323; 03-19-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks

Ok, that explains it Cheers for that

Ok, so your on OSX.. What you want to do is use the latest RedSn0w & fetch your shsh's & save it to your machine, you can then use redsn0w to stitch it to an Ipsw or grab pwnagetool to stitch it to create a custom firmware... Then you can do a manual restore in iTunes from DFU mode.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really appreciate all the help!

After I fetch, how do I stitch in redsn0w? Would that be in the "extras"?

Thanks

No worries at all squire.

Yep indeed it's under extras, the option to stitch is there.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No worries at all squire.

Yep indeed it's under extras, the option to stitch is there.
    How do I save my blobs to my computer? do I need TU to accomplish this?

Thanks

I do when I use Mac OS & haven't had any issues with this, others might have different ways but I know this to work

Then you can use redsn0w to stitch locally saved shsh to your Ipsw.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Susty For This Useful Post:

vbuen323 (03-19-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I do when I use Mac OS & haven't had any issues with this, others might have different ways but I know this to work

Then you can use redsn0w to stitch locally saved shsh to your Ipsw.
    Susty, you are a Genius!!! I cannot thank you enough!. My phone is restoring now after saving SHSH's with TU to desktop, stitching with redsn0w, placing DFU through redsn0w, and manually loading in iTunes. Genius, sheer Genius. I would have never done this on my own. I thank you a million. You should make a youtube video about this and I am sure millions will respond!!!

Thanks

Squire, never a problem Just glad to help Glad your all sorted now & back up & running.

I might run with that YouTube idea lol You never know Any other stuff I might be able to help with, drop me a PM squire. Have a cracking day & enjoy.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Squire, never a problem Just glad to help Glad your all sorted now & back up & running.

I might run with that YouTube idea lol You never know Any other stuff I might be able to help with, drop me a PM squire. Have a cracking day & enjoy.
    Likewise! This will gain much attention in the JB YouTube world. People are on there all the time and looking to downgrade in many ways. I know OSX Lion users have a difficult time because of all the changes, but this worked like a charm. The only thing that I want to add is that after restoring, iTunes will kick out an "error (1)" code; however, I disregarded it and did a "fix recovery loop" through redsn0w, had all my stuff running like a charm. I was freaked out at first because my phone just kept looping in the "installation process"--never seen nothing like it--, but I put my phone in DFU mode during this process and utilized redsn0w. People might freakout during this process, but manually placing the phone in DFU mode will kick the phone through.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to vbuen323 For This Useful Post:

Susty (03-19-2012)

Thanks

Cheers for the pointer on that last note Hopefully this'll help others that run into similar errors at that point. Good stuff.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cheers for the pointer on that last note Hopefully this'll help others that run into similar errors at that point. Good stuff.
    I agree, a million thanks my friend

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    The 5.0.1 firmware is battery draining due to that Corona tweak. That might be the issue, but if I don't have corona installed, many of my Cydia tweaks won't work. Do you know another way around it? Maybe I should just re-JB and use the current redsn0w, would I still need Corona?
    Is there away around corona?
    I Love My 4s white
    p.s. Dont Forget To Thank Those Helpful People Out There!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toomas View Post
    Is there away around corona?
    I really don't know, but what I do know is that it was released as a "semi untethered" functionality for 5.0.1 due to many tweaks, apps, and other junk not working. when I removed corona, my phone stopped working. So, what I decided to do is restore a clean 5.0.1 and JB with the latest version of redsn0w and that seem to do the trick. That being said, if you need to remove corona, restore to a clean version of your current firmware and re-jb with the latest version of redsn0w. That will make corona unnecessary and improve battery life. I've had my iPhone for almost 2 years now, so I think the battery should be going out soon. I don't have the 4s yet because I know they'll release an iPhone 5 pretty soon.

when i try and stitch in redsnow, the local button is greyed out.... I do indeed have my 5.0.1 shsh blob, its located in a folder on my desktop, should it be somewhere else??? I want to re jailbreak my iPhone 4s, doing a clean restore, but i keep getting the message that my build is no longer accepted.... I guess they only want me to download and upgrade to 5.1 which is what i want to avoid.... This stinks.... Any ideas why i cant do this??? and perhaps i could send someone my blob and they could stitch it for me if they cant find me a workaround??? That would be awesome!!!! Thanks guys, huge help if i can get this to work!!!!! Thanks again for everyone's time, very much appreciated!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbolter View Post
    when i try and stitch in redsnow, the local button is greyed out.... I do indeed have my 5.0.1 shsh blob, its located in a folder on my desktop, should it be somewhere else??? I want to re jailbreak my iPhone 4s, doing a clean restore, but i keep getting the message that my build is no longer accepted.... I guess they only want me to download and upgrade to 5.1 which is what i want to avoid.... This stinks.... Any ideas why i cant do this??? and perhaps i could send someone my blob and they could stitch it for me if they cant find me a workaround??? That would be awesome!!!! Thanks guys, huge help if i can get this to work!!!!! Thanks again for everyone's time, very much appreciated!!!!!
    4S cannot be done.. Different processor & no exploit to do this as it stands, so you either upgrade to 5.1 or leave it as is.. There's no workaround for this on A5 devices.

Shsh's for these devices will only really become useful in their own when the A5 jailbreaks are no longer reliant upon being userland jailbreaks.
    Last edited by Susty; 03-24-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks for the reply. That sucks. At least I can revert to a saved restore. Restore from backup worked but now I wish I saved a fresh clean backup with nothing installed. That's what I will do from here on out after updating... Apple are nazi's that they do not allow you to choose which firmware you want on your phone. That's jut crazy!!!