Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to stop imessages from going to deactivated iphone 4?

Default How to stop imessages from going to deactivated iphone 4?
    Recently I switched to the HTC Rezound for the 4g. In my area and especially at work, the 3g speed is terrible. Anyway, folks that have me in their contacts, when they text me the messages will still go to my deactivated iPhone, if it is turned on and connected to WiFi. If the WiFi is off then the texts will come to to my Rezound.

Anyone know how to stop this? My kid like to use the iPhone around the house as an iPod, and uses WiFi.

Thanks for any help!

Green Apple
    Thanks

On my 4s just go to settings>messages and there is an option for it. Hope it helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1332486033.173600.jpg  
    Last edited by toomas; 03-23-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    I Love My 4s white
    p.s. Dont Forget To Thank Those Helpful People Out There!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to toomas For This Useful Post:

zrxoa1 (03-23-2012)

Yeah, I found that and that took care of the "problem", but thanks anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    Recently I switched to the HTC Rezound for the 4g. In my area and especially at work, the 3g speed is terrible. Anyway, folks that have me in their contacts, when they text me the messages will still go to my deactivated iPhone, if it is turned on and connected to WiFi. If the WiFi is off then the texts will come to to my Rezound.

Anyone know how to stop this? My kid like to use the iPhone around the house as an iPod, and uses WiFi.

Thanks for any help!
    you want to go to settings>store>select your email>logout of apple ID. This will prevent from future messages reaching your apple ID. Your child might need a different apple ID to login and use iMessage, download apps, and all that other junk. If this helped, give me an ol' pat on the back (thanks).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vbuen323 For This Useful Post:

zrxoa1 (03-23-2012)

That does help, but I want to keep it with my id because I use it when my Rezound is charging. LOL

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    That does help, but I want to keep it with my id because I use it when my Rezound is charging. LOL
    Well, more power to you buddy. In case you do need to "discontinue" the iMessage, that's the only way. I created a separate apple ID for my son to use my iPad; I don't want him receiving my iMessages, emails, downloaded apps, and all that other junk. Just food for thought in case you change your mind.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

How's about going to

https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do

Login & click on edit products & clicking on x next to the iphone 4 to unregister??

I tried that and the iPhone was not there...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Only other thing I can think would be to switch off iMessage, reboot the phone & then turn it back on... That should clear the cell number out.

Do the same for FaceTime too... Just incase