+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 verizon data problem?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
ok i have a 4 i bought of ebay...everything works but it cant connect to data.. i have called cs 3 times they do the reset network and still nothing..they
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iphone 4 verizon data problem?
    ok i have a 4 i bought of ebay...everything works but it cant connect to data..

i have called cs 3 times they do the reset network and still nothing..they are telling me the phone is the problem and i need a new 1... i call bs

i have googled and found alot of people who had the same problem and could not connect to data but never seen how it was fixed. anybody else have this problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Yah, same exact problem
    I have the same problem.... First, is your iPhone damaged in any way? Second, do you have an apple store nearby? If the answer is "NO" to the first question, you need to go to Apple.com, click support and click schedule appointment/contact apple/check warranty eligibility.... don't tell them you purchased the phone 2nd hand if they ask, just tell them you updated through itunes and then your data stopped working, they should say ohh shucks, well here's a "refurbished" iphone to replace the one you have, have a great day, and you'll be on your way.... BUT............... if you have any damage at all that is visible on the iphone then your pretty much gonna get screeeeewwweedd into paying apple $157 for a replacement phone.... regardless if your data works or not!!!

- OR - (this may work for you)

Third, essentially, the Verizon APN settings on your iPhone are probably screwed.... Try this.... it may work for you....

1. Connect to wifi and have active internet connection
    2. Go to Unlockit.co.nz - Click continue which takes you to the Custom APN Generator
    3. Click the "Custom APN" - Select Verizon from the menu/wheel
    4. Once done, save the profile (it also has you download an app from the appstore, so it's gotta be legit, for free of course)
    5. Reboot.... keep your fingers crossed... I wasn't able to find a "Sprint APN setting that worked, but the Verizon one is one of the available selections)
    6. Let me know if it worked, and does anyone know how Sprint's APN settings....?
    Last edited by JaEvo; 03-15-2012 at 02:54 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JaEvo View Post
    I have the same problem.... First, is your iPhone damaged in any way? Second, do you have an apple store nearby? If the answer is "NO" to the first question, you need to go to Apple.com, click support and click schedule appointment/contact apple/check warranty eligibility.... don't tell them you purchased the phone 2nd hand if they ask, just tell them you updated through itunes and then your data stopped working, they should say ohh shucks, well here's a "refurbished" iphone to replace the one you have, have a great day, and you'll be on your way.... BUT............... if you have any damage at all that is visible on the iphone then your pretty much gonna get screeeeewwweedd into paying apple $157 for a replacement phone.... regardless if your data works or not!!!

- OR - (this may work for you)

Third, essentially, the Verizon APN settings on your iPhone are probably screwed.... Try this.... it may work for you....

1. Connect to wifi and have active internet connection
    2. Go to Unlockit.co.nz - Click continue which takes you to the Custom APN Generator
    3. Click the "Custom APN" - Select Verizon from the menu/wheel
    4. Once done, save the profile (it also has you download an app from the appstore, so it's gotta be legit, for free of course)
    5. Reboot.... keep your fingers crossed... I wasn't able to find a "Sprint APN setting that worked, but the Verizon one is one of the available selections)
    6. Let me know if it worked, and does anyone know how Sprint's APN settings....?

Nice write up. Not having this problem but I will save this info.