Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: iphone 4 verizon data problem?
03-03-2012, 03:49 PM #1iphone 4 verizon data problem?
ok i have a 4 i bought of ebay...everything works but it cant connect to data..
i have called cs 3 times they do the reset network and still nothing..they are telling me the phone is the problem and i need a new 1... i call bs
i have googled and found alot of people who had the same problem and could not connect to data but never seen how it was fixed. anybody else have this problem?
03-15-2012, 02:50 PM #2Yah, same exact problem
I have the same problem.... First, is your iPhone damaged in any way? Second, do you have an apple store nearby? If the answer is "NO" to the first question, you need to go to Apple.com, click support and click schedule appointment/contact apple/check warranty eligibility.... don't tell them you purchased the phone 2nd hand if they ask, just tell them you updated through itunes and then your data stopped working, they should say ohh shucks, well here's a "refurbished" iphone to replace the one you have, have a great day, and you'll be on your way.... BUT............... if you have any damage at all that is visible on the iphone then your pretty much gonna get screeeeewwweedd into paying apple $157 for a replacement phone.... regardless if your data works or not!!!
- OR - (this may work for you)
Third, essentially, the Verizon APN settings on your iPhone are probably screwed.... Try this.... it may work for you....
1. Connect to wifi and have active internet connection
2. Go to Unlockit.co.nz - Click continue which takes you to the Custom APN Generator
3. Click the "Custom APN" - Select Verizon from the menu/wheel
4. Once done, save the profile (it also has you download an app from the appstore, so it's gotta be legit, for free of course)
5. Reboot.... keep your fingers crossed... I wasn't able to find a "Sprint APN setting that worked, but the Verizon one is one of the available selections)
6. Let me know if it worked, and does anyone know how Sprint's APN settings....?
Last edited by JaEvo; 03-15-2012 at 02:54 PM.
03-15-2012, 03:10 PM #3