+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Gevey sim for GSM carrier with Sprint/Verizon

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Hi, I have a verizon and sprint Iphone 4s respectively. I recently brought a gevey sim which is now compatible with Iphone 4s baseband 1.0.13/14. Now gevey doesnot support cdma.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Use Gevey sim for GSM carrier with Sprint/Verizon
    Hi,

I have a verizon and sprint Iphone 4s respectively. I recently brought a gevey sim which is now compatible with Iphone 4s baseband 1.0.13/14.

Now gevey doesnot support cdma. But Iphone 4s being a world phone is compatible with both GSM and CDMA as 4s has common chip and can be used with GSM carriers worldwide if unlocked by the carrier.

Trouble is that I want to use this phone in India with gevey sim and is not sure weather it will work or not on sprint and verizon. My phone is Iphone 4s sprint with baseband 1.0.14. Can you help?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

does your verizon/sprint ip4s have an external sim door?

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

All iPhone 4S' have external SIM doors. If it's a CDMA model, the SIM has a thing in it, but it's not actually used. You will definitely have to unlock the phone to use a SIM with it.
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think the question they have (as well as I do) is if the Gevey SIM unlocker will allow a Sprint/Verizon iPhone 4S to be unlocked for other carriers.

I know that currently the 4S on Sprint is allowed to be used on other carriers outside the states, but would you be able to unlock the device to be used on another US GSM carrier.

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah well in that case - unlock the phone and hacktivate it. The iPhone 4S supports both carriers, hardware-wise. You just have to make the software work.
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. I have a Sprint Iphone 4s. I need to unlock it to use on USA T-Mobile. Will the Gevey Ultra S sim work on that or is there an alternative sim I can buy?
    "Knowledge Speaks But Wisdom Listens"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default sprint 4S unlock
    I was wondering the same thing. I have a Sprint Iphone 4s. I need to unlock it to use on USA T-Mobile. Will the Gevey Ultra S sim work on that??i know that all the 4smodels are the same and my sprint iphone had a slim slot. when i put a tmobile sim in the it says i phone needs to be activated. but of course it wont.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've seen a lot of issues with the Gevey and it not working correctly with Verizon iphones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just unlock my iphone 4s bax esn verizon for work with t-mobile every thing work like a charm any one want to how p.m me i well so you how to do they step easy

Thanks

Please tell me how and what you used?
    "Knowledge Speaks But Wisdom Listens"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevin901 View Post
    I just unlock my iphone 4s bax esn verizon for work with t-mobile every thing work like a charm any one want to how p.m me i well so you how to do they step easy
    could u show how thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Verizon iPhone 4S
    1. The post by kevin901 is spam. Respond back and you'll get a link to a website or asking for $.

In summary (as this forum started sprawling out), there are a large number of us who own an iPhone 4S attached to a CDMA carrier (Verizon/Sprint). We have the iPhone 4S unlocked, but still have no way to use on other carriers.... presume most of us interested are looking to move the phones to T-Mobile.

Given the 4S is a global phone, one would presume any solution (i.e. Grevey) would work globally as the hardware is nearly identical. So it is hard to understand why Grevey wouldn't work by inserting the SIM and totally bypassing the CDMA technology.

Personally, I purchased a 4S from CL and didn't care about the carrier or technology thinking it is now all the same. Sadly, that purchase was made many many months ago now and still no unlock. In a way, wish Dev Team (Muscle Nerd etc) would just publish a statement saying give up.... go back to an AT&T 4. Something for guidance as no indication either way just keeps everyone hanging.