+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.2.7 jailbroken to newest update?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
hi! I'm back. I did a jailbreak on my 4.2.7 verizon iphone 4, back in late June. I have not updated since! What extra features am I receiving with the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 4.2.7 jailbroken to newest update?
    hi! I'm back.

I did a jailbreak on my 4.2.7 verizon iphone 4, back in late June.

I have not updated since! What extra features am I receiving with the update? I noticed someone had the newest update and it showed when people were texting back (like typing). I'd love that. But I don't want to lose my jailbreak for a certain application.

Is updating worth it? Can I jailbreak the newest version out? If so, any links? Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to holdmydi For This Useful Post:

iqbal19 (01-21-2012)

Thanks

What certain application

What's Jailbreak? Lydia O Lydia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holdmydi View Post
    hi! I'm back.

I did a jailbreak on my 4.2.7 verizon iphone 4, back in late June.

I have not updated since! What extra features am I receiving with the update? I noticed someone had the newest update and it showed when people were texting back (like typing). I'd love that. But I don't want to lose my jailbreak for a certain application.

Is updating worth it? Can I jailbreak the newest version out? If so, any links? Thanks!

Yeah, with the new update, you can see when the person you're iMessaging is typing a message back..... Is that what you're talking about? I don't know about any app that has this feature, but the iMessaging does.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 882 Posts

I think it is worth updating.

We have links on how to jailbreak: How to Jailbreak your iDevice | ModMyi.com

And the message thing you are talking about is imessages. It both people texting are on 5.0 or higher then it will not count towards text message allowence but it is considered data, sort of like IMs work. So if you have a low text plan and the people you text alot have iphones on 5.0 or higher then it could save you text counts.

I find imessage useful for international people. We have a staff member outside the US but with imessage we can chat with him without being charged international text charges.
    Last edited by Cer0; 01-19-2012 at 11:27 PM.