+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ridiculously slow 3G speeds

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I mean I know Verizon is slower than AT&T. But every so often and I feel like more often than not i cannot download anything worth a damn. .01 down
    Thanks

Default Ridiculously slow 3G speeds
    I mean I know Verizon is slower than AT&T. But every so often and I feel like more often than not i cannot download anything worth a damn. .01 down and 0 up?? What's up with that. I feel like 3G unrestricor on FaceTime may have caused something. Look at this!!?

Is this typical?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ridiculously slow 3G speeds-imageuploadedbymodmyi1325643086.308068.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Does this happen occasionally, frequently, or all the time?

EDIT: I've never had that awful of speeds, that's worse than Sprint...if this is happening all the time or frequently then it's a problem.

Occasionally I'll get poor speeds, probably bc Verizon throttles our data...but I'm thinking you should try removing My3G and seeing if that helps. If not then it's something else. Consider other things you may have downloaded in Cydia.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 01-04-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks

It may be throttled. Is it throttled this low? I'm going to download the Verizon app to see how much data I have use this month. I'm in a different city than usual so I am testing in different spots.

Edit: so I am nine days into my plan and I've used almost 3 gigs. I think there is a data leak somewhere which may in turn be slowing me down. Else it's throttled.
    Last edited by D to the M; 01-04-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I have never been that low before even at the areas where my data coverage is the poorest. You should call Verizon and see what's up. It could be the towers as well.

And yes I think 3GB is too much for 7 days unless you're watching a lot of Netflix and streaming tons of videos.

Edit: I mean 9 days

Thanks

Damn 3 gigs in 9 days