Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What can Verizon track?

Default What can Verizon track?
    I was wondering, I know Verizon allows the the customer to track the location of the phone and it's text messages, (for if you give the phone to someone and want to track what they are doing.) But does verizon give the option to track anything else for the customer? FE: browsing history, emails, notes, pictures?

And is there any way to find out if/what is being tracked on an iPhone from the iPhone itself?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CairnisReed View Post
    I was wondering, I know Verizon allows the the customer to track the location of the phone and it's text messages, (for if you give the phone to someone and want to track what they are doing.) But does verizon give the option to track anything else for the customer? FE: browsing history, emails, notes, pictures?

And is there any way to find out if/what is being tracked on an iPhone from the iPhone itself?

Thanks
    All depends on what the intended use of the collected data is. The only way you're getting anything other than general location, SMS messages and call metadata from Verizon is with a federal warrant. Even then, obtaining a lot of what you're asking for from a cell carrier is a stretch, especially with a technically savvy user.

Generally speaking, such warranted "lawful interception" is not detectible via normal or obvious means to an end user. Since that's the only way you're legally getting any adult's communications in the US... that's all I got.

I'm hoping that someone at Verizon is tracking my browser history. I want to scar someone for life with the amount of (and bizarity of the) pr0n that gets looked up.

Quote Originally Posted by chucky3456 View Post
    I'm hoping that someone at Verizon is tracking my browser history. I want to scar someone for life with the amount of (and bizarity of the) pr0n that gets looked up.
    lol why would you like todo such a thing???

Like A Boss