+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please need help with my iphone 4

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I just tried updating my phone to ios 5.0.1 everything was going fine then at the very end of the update i got an error code "1602"... After that my
    Thanks

Default Please need help with my iphone 4
    I just tried updating my phone to ios 5.0.1 everything was going fine then at the very end of the update i got an error code "1602"...

After that my Iphone 4 has been stuck on the itunes logo with the USB cord.....

Also my itunes will not show my phone, my computer does make sound when i plug my phone in so i guess thats a plus.... any help would be appreciated............Thanks....

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Try reinstalling iTunes make sure it's the updated one restart and try again.

Thanks

Well I actually went on my other CPU and iTunes read it, but I'm wondering if this is just a simple update why is it such a pain in the azz.... Serious...

2k1
    Thanks

Well that 1602 error means either restart pc and try it or reinstall iTunes to current version.

Thanks

I did both before I went to the other computer bit even after the other computer all I was able to do is get the phone working I never got to update to iOS 5 because when trying to do that it gave me some 3000 error code

2k1
    Thanks

So where do you stand at now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i had the same issue and i found out on my own that the new itunes (10.5.2) i updated wasnt installed correctly so i uninstalled it and went to oldapps.com and downloaded itunes 10.1.42 or 45 i can't remember now but the one just before 10.5.2 and restored iphone 4 after and worked fine. i then after restore installed the new update for itunes and works just fine now. hope that helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was able to do is get the phone working I never got to update to iOS 5 .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

like i said before uninstall itunes 10.5.2 and then go to Old Version Downloads - OldApps.com and download the previous version of itunes before 10.5.2. after the old version is installed try restoring ur iphone and update it to 5.0.1. after that is complete intall the update to itunes. i found out that apple was having and may still have this issue with problems with the iphone 4 cdma(verizon) with the new itunes. just update problems. i don't know if the issue has been fixed but this is the solution i figured out on my own. let me know if u have any more problems. oh before i forget, make sure when u install the old version u uncheck download updates automatically in options of itunes so that it doesn't automatically install new version before u get a chance to restore ur iphone or update it.