+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Think i've messed up

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
hi im not a complete noob to jailbreaking but some how and i'm not sure which program i used either snowbreeze or redsnow but afta i jailbroke it my phone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Think i've messed up
    hi im not a complete noob to jailbreaking but some how and i'm not sure which program i used either snowbreeze or redsnow but afta i jailbroke it my phone restarted and came back with the screen with the usb logo pointing at the itunes logo. so i thort let me jus restore it bk in itunes but itunes wont let me........so i did sum research and thort mayb is stuck in a loop so i got Fixrecovery43 ran when i looked at the writing that came up the program sed it recognised my iphone but not as a 4 but a iphone3.......................What av i done and is there anything i cn do to fix this...................plz help

Thanks

Just try to use redsn0w or TinyUmbrella to kick your iPhone out of recovery. It's probably a bad line of code in the detection.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Check this it out. May help. Pretty much just says manually put into dfu http://modmyi.com/forums/general-verizon-sprint-cdma-iphone-chat/801458-downgrade-help.html#post6455195
    I Love My 4s white
    p.s. Dont Forget To Thank Those Helpful People Out There!!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

You probably did something wrong while trying to get into Pwned DFU Mode. Restore the iPod and try jailbreaking again.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by born-lfc-4life View Post
    hi im not a complete noob to jailbreaking but some how and i'm not sure which program i used either snowbreeze or redsnow but afta i jailbroke it my phone restarted and came back with the screen with the usb logo pointing at the itunes logo. so i thort let me jus restore it bk in itunes but itunes wont let me........so i did sum research and thort mayb is stuck in a loop so i got Fixrecovery43 ran when i looked at the writing that came up the program sed it recognised my iphone but not as a 4 but a iphone3.......................What av i done and is there anything i cn do to fix this...................plz help
    I suggest using the latest version of redsn0w instead of TinyUmbrella. TU is an excellent tool for retrieving shsh blobs, but not to kick out of recovery mode or DFU mode. Computers communicate through "coding", so if you use different programs, the coding will be different. I found this out when I used TU to kick me out of recovery, but it didn't kick me out of recovery, it "fixes" recovery. From the many years of Jailbreaking, I'm no "expert", but I know enough to say that redsn0w is the BEST JB tool out there. And by the way, that iTunes logo means your phone is in recovery mode and needs to sync with iTunes to complete restoration. DFU mode is also a "recovery mode" but it is utilized when there is a firmware malfunction and needs to reprogram. That is the reason why many restore through DFU mode.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

DFU is more of a last minute option if your iPhone is stuck in Boot Loop or something where it won't be recognized by iTunes. DFU is the best way to restore (There really aren't many other options) if you really screwed up.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.