Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 3194 My hosts file is fine I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!

Default Error 3194 My hosts file is fine I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!
    Hey I Jailbroke my phone with redsnow 0.9.8b7a tethered. I want to upgrade to ios 5.0. I dont care if my phones jailbroken anymore, I really dont use myphone for anything but music and using it as a phone. I just want to upgrade my Ios to 5.0 from 4.2.10. I am shift clicking restore and choosing iPhone3,3_5.0_9A334_Restore btw. I have changed my hosts file to what everyone said i need to. I have tried just leaving 127.0.0.1 and also had the 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com entry without comment flag. I rebooted the PC each time after making changes. Iv tried using tiny umbrella and unchecked the Set Hosts to Cydia on exit. I also unchecked request SHSH from cydonia. I've also check marked that one and had the same result. I saw some ones post here
    Error 3194 tried EVERYTHING, Can anyone help!

I dont know if that will work with my phone. can anyone help me please? If the user Mes happens to stumble upon this thread could you help? You helped that other guy in the link i posted. Any help is appreciated.
    Update: I justtried deleting my hosts file. I guess this worked for some, but didnt work for me. I'm seriously getting Pissed. ALso the search function on the forum isn't working so I couldnt search for this, don't Flame me for it.
    -hosts-screen.jpg
    -tiny-umbrella-screen.jpg
    Last edited by johnrottingliver; 10-29-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Assuming you updated iTunes, have you tried downloading iOS 5 from them out of iTunes? Only use tiny umbrella to put your phone in recovery, don't start server cause your not downgrading etc. Make sure your host files are clean.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Instead of shift+restore, just click restore. It'll default to 5.0.

If you've ever used TinyUmbrella, open it go to advanced options and uncheck the box to point to Cydia on exit. Then close TU, open iTunes up and click restore.

yes I posted that I used tiny umbrella and posted screen shots showing what I did. I have itunes 10.5. I have tried just clicking restore. I waited for the download to complete and it still gives me the error. I have used tiny umbrella to put my phone in recovery mode and tried restore. Nothing works. I posted a picture of my host file. To me it looks clean but Since I'm having issues some one let me know if it is correct or not. None of the basic fixes are working. That's why I'm posting here. I'v searched all over goolge to answers and cant find one specific to my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by produce_death View Post
    Assuming you updated iTunes, have you tried downloading iOS 5 from them out of iTunes? Only use tiny umbrella to put your phone in recovery, don't start server cause your not downgrading etc. Make sure your host files are clean.
    What do you mean download ios 5 from them out of itunes? do u mean getting the ipsw file on my computer?
    Last edited by johnrottingliver; 10-29-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks

Do you have another computer to try it on?

Edit: I mean one that didnt ever have TU installed and never had the host file edited.

at work i do. i cant do that till monday... how will that help? isnt my hosts file fine?

Thanks

Sometimes it helps to isolate the problem based on what errors occur and possibly using another machine.

actually i have used it on another machine and same error came up 3194. I am at wits end. everywhere it says its a hosts file issue, but I have done everything with this gdamn hosts file to make it brand new. I have edited it in notepad and deleted the contents of the file, saved it. rebooted. checked to make sure windows wrote the default one, still 3194. I have used microsoft fixit to put a default hosts file in etc. again 3194. I have added 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to hosts file, I have removed 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com from hosts file. still 3194. I have clicked update, error 3001, everywhere it says to click restore to solve that problem, so i click restore, 3194. I shift click browse to my ipsw, again 3194. I have put my phone into DFU recovery mode and still 3194. I have used tiny umbrella to put it in Recovery mode, still 3194. I hate having to tether boot my phone with redsnow to get it out of recovery mode, so I don't try it too often. Has anyone had a verizon phone with the trouble that I'm having? Im never jail breaking my phone again this is absolutely retarted.
    Last edited by johnrottingliver; 10-30-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks

3194 is nothing more but a host file edited or TU redirecting the server when currently you need it to point to Apple's servers. So that's what my focus is on.

Are you using the computer now that you posted the screenshot of? Try removing the last line in that screenshot you posted, and try again.

Oh and you're not running the TSS Server are you while you're doing this? In your screenshot it shows you're running it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

johnrottingliver (10-30-2011)

I got The update to commence on my phone. I ended up using redsnow 0.9.9b7 for windows. went to extras and select ipsw. then all i did was go to pwned DFU mode through redsn0w, and shift+click restore in itunes 10.5 and it magically worked this time. For anyone with a verizon iphone 4 thats getting 3194 errors hopefully u find this and it helps.

no i dont run the tss server all the time. I just did by chance and happend to take a screen with it like that. sorry for the confusion. Thanks alot annie for trying to help me. but I figured it out i think. it's restoring my music and stuff now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to johnrottingliver For This Useful Post:

R.Mortera (10-30-2011)

Thanks

Hm. That's different...

I'll keep this in mind then thanks for the tip. Glad you figured it out!

BTW my hosts file when i pull it up in notepad, is completely blank, that's how it was when I successfully restored for future reference

trust me I am too. thank you so much, i really appreciate the time u took to read my post

i kinda followed these instructions but on windows it doesn't let u use the custom firmware button, so i just told it to select the ipsw instead
    Upgrade to iOS 5 on iPhone 4 and Preserve Baseband | Iphone 4 Jailbreak.org
    Last edited by johnrottingliver; 10-30-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks

Yeah I was really thrown off by it. In fact I was scare I wouldn't be able to help you and you'd be screwed lol. But glad you didn't get screwed!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnrottingliver View Post
    BTW my hosts file when i pull it up in notepad, is completely blank, that's how it was when I successfully restored for future reference

trust me I am too. thank you so much, i really appreciate the time u took to read my post

i kinda followed these instructions but on windows it doesn't let u use the custom firmware button, so i just told it to select the ipsw instead
    Upgrade to iOS 5 on iPhone 4 and Preserve Baseband | Iphone 4 Jailbreak.org
    I tried this and it's still giving me the 3194 error. It's my mom's phone, I think it's on 4.2.6, jailbroken with jailbreakme.com.

I'm seriously getting pissed off over this.
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

Make sure ur in pwn'ed dfu before you attempt any restore that isnt stock or if youre device was jailbroke and or unlocked.. That resolves alot of issues... With ios 5 things are changing and its becoming harder to restore to any given firmware even if u follow old procedures and have the required files and tools...

where did you download the ipsw file which you use to restore it?

Quote Originally Posted by johnrottingliver View Post
    I got The update to commence on my phone. I ended up using redsnow 0.9.9b7 for windows. went to extras and select ipsw. then all i did was go to pwned DFU mode through redsn0w, and shift+click restore in itunes 10.5 and it magically worked this time. For anyone with a verizon iphone 4 thats getting 3194 errors hopefully u find this and it helps.

no i dont run the tss server all the time. I just did by chance and happend to take a screen with it like that. sorry for the confusion. Thanks alot annie for trying to help me. but I figured it out i think. it's restoring my music and stuff now.

I'm going crazy here too. Trying to go from 4.2.1 to 5.0. I'm getting the same error (3194) I've tried every combination I can think of. Booted to Pwned DFU with "Set hosts to cydia on exit" checked and unchecked, TSS server running and not running. I've tried on 4 different machines 2 XP, 1 Win7, and on my MBP running Lion. When the TSS server isn't running I get 3194 when it is I get error 2005. After googling the error every article says its a problem with either the USB port or the cable. I've tried 3 different cables and like I said 4 different machines. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by mrjoey35; 12-05-2011 at 11:52 PM.

Default Omfg
    i am having the exact same problem i need to get my iphone in working order i dont care how i just need it workng so i can sell it !!! FML
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoey35 View Post
    I'm going crazy here too. Trying to go from 4.2.1 to 5.0. I'm getting the same error (3194) I've tried every combination I can think of. Booted to Pwned DFU with "Set hosts to cydia on exit" checked and unchecked, TSS server running and not running. I've tried on 4 different machines 2 XP, 1 Win7, and on my MBP running Lion. When the TSS server isn't running I get 3194 when it is I get error 2005. After googling the error every article says its a problem with either the USB port or the cable. I've tried 3 different cables and like I said 4 different machines. Anyone have any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

5.0 isn't being signed anymore try 5.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by -JailbreakeR- View Post
    5.0 isn't being signed anymore try 5.0.1.
    so are you saying there is no way to upgrade to just 5.0? i don't want to upgrade to 5.0.1 because of the future unteathered jailbreak. im stuck in the same situation. i used tinyumbrella and got passed the 3194 error code but now im getting 1604 error code!

HELP!!! i just want a clean restore/update to ios5. don't care about jailbreak as of now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast