+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 3194 My hosts file is fine I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Still Need to jailbreak to unlock that's correct
    2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Still
    Need to jailbreak to unlock that's correct

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

rad3d (04-26-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys - thanks. I'm successfully running 5.1 tethered now. Hope the tethering can go away soon, but this works for now.

Appreciate all the help.
    Last edited by rad3d; 04-26-2012 at 07:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello dear all
    after 5 hours working on my iphone4 trying everything to restore my phone, i noticed something that resolved my problem and it might resolve your too. when i saved my shsh using tiny umbrella, one of shshs was 5.1 and interesting thing is that i was running on 4.3.3 and never updated to 5.1 so I thought, it could have auto updated but some how interrupted. i downloaded the 5.1 iso and used itune and went through like a charm without any error.

i hope this will help to those who have tried everything but still getting the error.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rad3d View Post
    Guys - thanks. I'm successfully running 5.1 tethered now. Hope the tethering can go away soon, but this works for now.

Appreciate all the help.
    it will, take a look at this
    iPad 3 iOS 5.1 untethered jailbreak pod2g - YouTube

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by genius13 View Post
    hello dear all
    after 5 hours working on my iphone4 trying everything to restore my phone, i noticed something that resolved my problem and it might resolve your too. when i saved my shsh using tiny umbrella, one of shshs was 5.1 and interesting thing is that i was running on 4.3.3 and never updated to 5.1 so I thought, it could have auto updated but some how interrupted. i downloaded the 5.1 iso and used itune and went through like a charm without any error.

i hope this will help to those who have tried everything but still getting the error.
    You don't need to update to a fw version to save SHSHs for them. Once you save SHSHs they usually automatically start saving any new SHSHs that become available.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Important note about iTunes and your HOSTS file. If you are getting error 3194, and you're modifying your HOSTS file, you need to restart iTunes each time you make a change. From my experience I guess iTunes just loads your HOSTS file on startup. This has caused me lots of frustration, so I thought I'd share my experience.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Edit: I'm not verizon but I don't think it will make much difference, right?

I have spent many many many many hours looking for a solution, I'm stuck at this same error

The thing I have different is that... I accidentally deleted my "library"file while i was browsing my phone with ifile.

I tried pwned DFU, modifying the hosts file, etc etc,

this is really stressing, because the "library"file is gone, the only thing i can do with this phone is to "restore" it, but ironically I can't restore.

I'm currently running 5.1.1, I'm trying to put in the 6.1.2 (latest) firmwarm, I tried both restoring via default itunes, and shift restore, didn't work

I have been trying to un-jailbreak my iphone lately and never worked,, today I wanted to delete the activation ticket through ifile but deleted the "library"file instead, phone lagged for about 5 minutes, i ended task for ifile but then it was eventually deleted and my phone crashed. I restarted my phone and boom, can't turn on anymore, stuck in recovery mode.

I try to restore, like always, there is an error.

Errors that have occurred to me so far, I have been surfing the net for solutions but every time I get rid of an error, another comes.

I been to: Error, 3194, 2005, 21, 1602 and a various others I can't remember.

Please help.
    Last edited by Fail Snail; 03-20-2013 at 03:30 AM.

2k1
    Thanks

6.1,2 is not the latest it's 6.1.3 if ya don't have the shsh blobs for 6.1,2 you won't be able to upgrade to that firmware. Taking that you have an iPhone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I already have 6.1.2 shsh blob

Background info: I accidentally deleted the "library"file in my directory using ifile.
    I use Itunes restore like any normal person, error
    I use shift restore after downloading 6.0.2, another error
    DFU mode Itunes restore, another error
    Redsn0w restore: I put phone in pwned DFU as resn0w told me to, half way through it told me that I was meant to be in recovery mode.
    I put phone in recovery mode and use redsn0w restore again, this time it tells me that I need to be in pwned DFU mode
    I fainted
    I went on the internet to look for solutions for those errors, some counter-error measures I took includes: C: windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts and fiddle with it as the internet says.
    I spend like 4 hours surfing the net looking for solutions, no good. Limited knowledge in the field of jailbroken devices may be the cause too.
    I hope someone can help
    Last edited by Fail Snail; 03-20-2013 at 04:56 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 restore 6.1.2 -> 6.1.2
    I have kind of a similar problem and I tend to believe I'm doing something terribly wrong.

I have an iPhone 4
    Modem Firmware: 04.12.05
    Firmware file: iPhone3,1_6.1.2_10B146_Restore
    iTunes: 11.0.2.26
    sn0wbreeze v2.9.13
    Windows 7
    .shsh for 6.1.2 and 6.0.1 available
    Tried on 2 computers on every possible (6 on one, 4 on the other one) USB port (no hubs, no extension cables)

Now I want to completely restore to 6.1.2 again.
    So, since I've already tried for hours getting this to work... I tried everything I could come up with.

First I tried restoring the stock firmware via iTunes. At this point my host file is CLEAR. I put my phone into DFU mode (I tried with normal DFU aka just do the power/home button stuff on the phone and with putting it into pwned DFU mode via iReb), then fired up iTunes and shift-restored the firmware. I get various errors, starting with 3194.
    I can get around this by using tinyumbrellas TSS Server but it results in an error 11.
    I can also get around it with 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com or 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com in my host file (only one at a time obviously), but that results in different 16xx errors.

Then I tried creating a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze (browse for my IPSW, chose simple mode). After it was done I followed the instructions (DFU mode -> pwned DFU mode), then closed sn0wbreeze and ran iTunes, shift-restore.. and it comes up with various 16xx errors. I had everything from 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603 and god knows what.

Any help would be much appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This took many many many many many many...... tries to get working, but Its finally ok now!

I used redsn0w 0.9.15b3, IOS 5.1, stitched REMOTE blobs to it, then restored using redsn0w restore and somehow it worked

After that, i updated to ios 6.1.2 and its all good now

2k1
    Thanks

Glad ya got it working good job

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123