+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrading from ios 5 help

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
to make a long story short i have a vzw iphone 4. I was on ios 5 didnt like it. i have my shsh blob saved for 4.2.6. Everything went
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Default downgrading from ios 5 help
    to make a long story short i have a vzw iphone 4. I was on ios 5 didnt like it. i have my shsh blob saved for 4.2.6. Everything went good i downgraded to io 4.2.6 then used fix recovery to get out of the recovery loop. So im back to 4.2.6 the device boots back up now im on the screen that has the slide to unlock(different language's going across slide to unlock bar) and u can only make emergency calls. So i go to plug it is to my computer and have iTunes activate it so i can get past this. i plug it in no go it says sorry we can not activate your phone at this time. i tried for hours last night with different itunes from 10xx to the current still a no go. i tried different computers still wont activate and pass that screen. tried to bypass it with using the jailbreaks that are out their for it redsn0w and green p, ect.. Im out of ideas what am i doing wrong that the phone will not past that screen. i thought the iTunes server was down so i updated to ios 5 and it passed the activation. well any ideas or help will help me out what am i doing wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    to make a long story short i have a vzw iphone 4. I was on ios 5 didnt like it. i have my shsh blob saved for 4.2.6. Everything went good i downgraded to io 4.2.6 then used fix recovery to get out of the recovery loop. So im back to 4.2.6 the device boots back up now im on the screen that has the slide to unlock(different language's going across slide to unlock bar) and u can only make emergency calls. So i go to plug it is to my computer and have iTunes activate it so i can get past this. i plug it in no go it says sorry we can not activate your phone at this time. i tried for hours last night with different itunes from 10xx to the current still a no go. i tried different computers still wont activate and pass that screen. tried to bypass it with using the jailbreaks that are out their for it redsn0w and green p, ect.. Im out of ideas what am i doing wrong that the phone will not past that screen. i thought the iTunes server was down so i updated to ios 5 and it passed the activation. well any ideas or help will help me out what am i doing wrong.
    There's another post about this and I believe it's concluded that after you go to 5 there is no return.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks. That does make a lot of sense. Thanks for taking time to find that post for me. I was wondering why when I saved my shsh for ios it didn't appear in the top of cydia.