+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: the verizon wireless extender really works

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
we live in pacific palisades, ca and while most areas are fine, for some reason our home is an iPhone dead zone. we had been on t-mobile since the very
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

Default the verizon wireless extender really works
    we live in pacific palisades, ca and while most areas are fine, for some reason our home is an iPhone dead zone. we had been on t-mobile since the very first phone (jailbroken of course at that time using a super sim) and the service was ok. managed for several years and three models of iPhones. but we took the leap and switched to verizon. i was up at midnight...very easy on the west coast and got our pre-orders in immediately. but the phones arrived and the verizon service - it was WORSE! but in a casual conversation with my brother on the east coast he mentioned the extender and that a friend had success with it.

i bought mine through amazon at about $125.00 less than the one directly through verizon (exact same unit) it literally took a full 24 hours for the thing being moved among every room in the house until almost 24 hours later when the thing finally picked up the gps signal it needs to connect to the tower.

well, the bottom line is i have full bars everywhere in the house, outside, in the garage, everywhere. so i'm only throwing this out there because i feared we'd made a mistake with 3 brand new 4S's. the extender is worth every penny if you're having any issues at all

i highly recommend it.

now lets get this 4s jailbroken! i miss personalized iPhone....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    we live in pacific palisades, ca and while most areas are fine, for some reason our home is an iPhone dead zone. we had been on t-mobile since the very first phone (jailbroken of course at that time using a super sim) and the service was ok. managed for several years and three models of iPhones. but we took the leap and switched to verizon. i was up at midnight...very easy on the west coast and got our pre-orders in immediately. but the phones arrived and the verizon service - it was WORSE! but in a casual conversation with my brother on the east coast he mentioned the extender and that a friend had success with it.

i bought mine through amazon at about $125.00 less than the one directly through verizon (exact same unit) it literally took a full 24 hours for the thing being moved among every room in the house until almost 24 hours later when the thing finally picked up the gps signal it needs to connect to the tower.

well, the bottom line is i have full bars everywhere in the house, outside, in the garage, everywhere. so i'm only throwing this out there because i feared we'd made a mistake with 3 brand new 4S's. the extender is worth every penny if you're having any issues at all

i highly recommend it.

now lets get this 4s jailbroken! i miss personalized iPhone....
    Doesn't that use your Internet connection to talk? Similar to a VoIP service?
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

So does this help Internet coverage as well or just calls? Bc I have perfectly good signal bars but I don't get 3G at all in my home.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

what was the brand or can you offer me a link to it on Amazon.
    I am very interested but my searches aren't coming up with what your describing or maybe I don't totally understand.

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]