+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5 contact issue

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I previously had a 3GS with no problems, I purchased a 4S, did a restore from backup and now all my contacts are messed up. What I mean by messed
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iOS 5 contact issue
    I previously had a 3GS with no problems, I purchased a 4S, did a restore from backup and now all my contacts are messed up. What I mean by messed up is that the phone recognizes the same number as two different numbers. For example when I get a text from a contact it wont show me the contact's name, just their number, because in my phone I have their number saved without the country code of "+1".

It's the opposite for incoming calls though. It will identify the contact name fine since I put the "+1" in front of the number saved. Also, it's not splitting the numbers up in the phonebook either, just keeping them all as one number. For example: (555)-555-5555 turns into "5555555555" in the contact number field.

So basically to summarize, I can either enter +1 and the area code/phone number for my contact saved and have it be identified when that person calls me, or I can remove the +1 and just leave the area code and number and have them only identified by their name when they text me but not call me. The phone basically cannot recognize the same number (minus the +1, or adding the +1) and tell me its the same contact when that person texts or calls me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had this same issue, I did get Otto finally work right. I restored 3 times for it to finally act right.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluestrk View Post
    I had this same issue, I did get Otto finally work right. I restored 3 times for it to finally act right.
    so you just restored from your previous backup 3 times, and the third time was the charm?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same problem and it's driving me nuts. I will try to restore it !!! I'll let u know if it works !!!