+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak issue :|

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Currently have iPhone 4, trying to jailbreak with redsn0w (windows). I get past the whole jailbreak and when it restarts my phone it just sits on the apple boot logo.
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Jailbreak issue :|
    Currently have iPhone 4, trying to jailbreak with redsn0w (windows). I get past the whole jailbreak and when it restarts my phone it just sits on the apple boot logo. Been sitting on there for over an hour and wont load..

anyone know whats going on?
    thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What firmware are you on?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rezurrect View Post
    Currently have iPhone 4, trying to jailbreak with redsn0w (windows). I get past the whole jailbreak and when it restarts my phone it just sits on the apple boot logo. Been sitting on there for over an hour and wont load..

anyone know whats going on?
    thanks
    You probably updated to a firmware that only has a tethered Jailbreak so far.
    (4.3.5 or 5.0)

What this mean is: in order to start your phone you'll have to run redsn0w and use the "Extras-> Just Boot" option to reboot, now, and every time you reboot. (Until an untethered Jailbreak is available).
    It's annoying, yes. An untethered JB is expected "soon" but we don't know how soon.

The only other option is to restore your phone to the original (non-jailbroken) firmware, and wait until an untether comes out before trying again.