Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5. Chime in with battery life.

Default iOS 5. Chime in with battery life.
    I updated last nite from 4.2.10. It seems I'm getting worse battery life on iOS 5. Well reply back with your experience if ur on iOS 5. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1318539539.376618.jpg  

I would say if its just one day we have to give it more time to see what the basic use is. From my experince on the Android side of things, any update the battery settings on the first day are a little wacky.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    I updated last nite from 4.2.10. It seems I'm getting worse battery life on iOS 5. Well reply back with your experience if ur on iOS 5. Thanks.
    I'm actually getting /very/ good battery life compared to 4.2.8, though that could be just because I don't have it jailbroken at the moment.

Did you do an update or a restore?

It's been my experience, in the years I've had iPhones, that when a big OS launches, it's always best to do a restore instead of an update. You get rid of any left over settings or pieces of programs hanging around in the background running but not being used.

It's basically the same reason I reformat my computer every year. Things always perform better when they're new.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm getting about the same. The 4s is rated to get 200hrs standby time vs the 4 at 300. Yet it's rated higher in other categories. You can check it out on verizonwireless.com
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah same problem here, disabling unwanted things made the battery life a little better

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm getting about 3 hours of life out of my iPhone 4S. When I'm not using it. I'm hoping to have a new battery put in it later this week.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Siri plays a part, for 4S users.

iOS 5 seems to play very well for most people on iOS 5 regarding battery life. Sometimes initially it'll be bad but a restore usually resolves the issue.

As with most Apple products, the iPhone 4S is very popular. Millions sold in minutes, and millions more are anticipated to sell. The iPhone 4S, however, appears to be a bit buggy. The best theory thus far is that the iPhone 4S programming bugs are depleting much more battery power than they should be. Source for this article: Apps on iPhone 4S could be worsening battery drain.

Thanks
    Honestly I get great battery life with iOS 5, mainly by just turning all of my push notifications off. I've heard the 4S is kinda crappy with battery management though. I just can't wait until there's an untethered jailbreak... I've always found SB settings helpful for feeing up memory which always has given me an extra hour or two of juice

it's always best to do a restore instead of an update.
    A lot of them are used for things like mathematical modelling of climate change, objects in space moving around another etc.