+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is iphone 4s worth upgrading from iphone 4?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
well as we all know verizon iphone customers do not that have luxury to get the full upgrade price because of contract restrictions so what i was thinking was if
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default is iphone 4s worth upgrading from iphone 4?
    well as we all know verizon iphone customers do not that have luxury to get the full upgrade price because of contract restrictions so what i was thinking was if i sell my iphone 4 32gb on ebay and lets say i get around 400 for it and 4s will coast me 649? what i want to know is it worth spending the money?

Banned
    Thanks
    Well, get the iPhone 4 for now then. Then wait for the next iPhone next year. Hopefully, they won't make it as disappointing as this time next year.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fine12 View Post
    Well, get the iPhone 4 for now then. Then wait for the next iPhone next year. Hopefully, they won't make it as disappointing as this time next year.
    what you mean? i already have an iphone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It depends on what constitutes as "worthwhile" to you. It's different per person. Personally, I'm not going to upgrade it. What is worthwhile for me is 1) internal upgrades (ie. camera, processor, etc.) and 2) external upgrade (a new look to the device). Some people are satisfied with just #1, I would like to have both to bother upgrading. The case with Macbook Pros are different though I generally only need #1 for Macbooks between a 3-5 year span.

Anyway, it's entirely up to you if you feel that forking out an additional $200-$350 is worth the upgrade of the A5 chip, the 8 mpx camera, and Siri. I'm saving my money for next year's, bc I have a strong feeling it isn't going to resemble the iPhone 4 or 4S.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flameinthefire View Post
    well as we all know verizon iphone customers do not that have luxury to get the full upgrade price because of contract restrictions so what i was thinking was if i sell my iphone 4 32gb on ebay and lets say i get around 400 for it and 4s will coast me 649? what i want to know is it worth spending the money?
    here i have your answer:

Do you have problem with the current data transfer rate of the iphone 4?And you want more?
    Do you have problem with the rear camera of the iphone 4? And you want even higher?
    Do you have any problem with the iOS 4? and you want a new one?

If any of these has a YES answer then go for the iphone 4S or otherwise stay calm.

Thanks

I was in a different boat as I was upgrading to iPhone but hadn't decided which edition. I ended up going with 4 since I could get a 16gb with Verizon for 150$. I know the 4s is faster and has Siri but to me it wasn't worth the extra cost. I ended up just get the iPhone 4 white the the other day and am happy with it.

Thanks

The iphone 4s is better in camera, and faster, much faster. I got it for my wife, as she does a lot of scrapbooking, and needs about a million pictures of everything, and in good quality. Other than that, no way.
    There is an annoying icon called newsstand, you cannot delete it or push it into a folder. Dumb piece of garbage eats part of the screen
    unklbyl

8. The Following User Says Thank You to unklbyl For This Useful Post:

ratzhou (10-18-2011)

Thanks

News flash-- newsstand is in ios5 too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    The iphone 4s is better in camera, and faster, much faster. I got it for my wife, as she does a lot of scrapbooking, and needs about a million pictures of everything, and in good quality. Other than that, no way.
    There is an annoying icon called newsstand, you cannot delete it or push it into a folder. Dumb piece of garbage eats part of the screen
    ok, to get newstand icon in a folder do this.

1. move 2 other icons you want to make a folder out next to each other, then put the newstand icon right after them. (so - icon - icon - newstand icon)

2. drag icon #1 onto icon #2 to make the folder.

3. while the folder is being created, and you have to be FAST, drag the newstand icon into the folder, it WILL go.

but you have to be fast! I took me until my 4th try to get it.

keep in mind, Newstand will NOT work from inside the folder, so if you actually use it, don't do this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    What are you talking about?

Newstand is a GREAT opportunity to buy exciting, new content for your phone.

A dedicated App to download and view dead-tree newsmedia in electronic form-
    isn't that the "killer app" you've been yearning for all these years?
    Why would you want to remove it? That makes no sense.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Here is my take on it. Which this is not obviously going to be the case for others. I plan on getting a iPad 2 soon. Once I have the iPad 2 the only thing I could think I would want a 4S for is Siri and personally that isn't worth $200 to me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBumbleBee View Post
    ok, to get newstand icon in a folder do this.

1. move 2 other icons you want to make a folder out next to each other, then put the newstand icon right after them. (so - icon - icon - newstand icon)

2. drag icon #1 onto icon #2 to make the folder.

3. while the folder is being created, and you have to be FAST, drag the newstand icon into the folder, it WILL go.

but you have to be fast! I took me until my 4th try to get it.

keep in mind, Newstand will NOT work from inside the folder, so if you actually use it, don't do this.

THANK YOU! I can't believe that actually worked... I have no use for newstand, I hated the fact it was just wasting space on my screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gogo8675309 View Post
    THANK YOU! I can't believe that actually worked... I have no use for newstand, I hated the fact it was just wasting space on my screen.
    I'm not to much for news stand either. I wish it was like iBooks where you could get it if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by flameinthefire View Post
    I'm on Verizon and I transferred an upgrade from another line for the 4S. Wow that wasn't worth it to me. And I hear Siri is going to be on the 4 soon anyway.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.