+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S LTE?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Been ATT user since day 1 but Verizon has better coverage and LTE in my area. I can't find anywhere if this new S model is going to be LTE
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4S LTE?
    Been ATT user since day 1 but Verizon has better coverage and LTE in my area. I can't find anywhere if this new S model is going to be LTE compatible. Any help would be appreciated.

sorry just found out it's not.
    Last edited by natim; 10-04-2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Found details not LTE compatible

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by natim View Post
    Been ATT user since day 1 but Verizon has better coverage and LTE in my area. I can't find anywhere if this new S model is going to be LTE compatible. Any help would be appreciated.

It's not LTE compatible, but the AT&T version has a dual antenna mode that can reach 4G speeds on 3G. Stick with AT&T is my advice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The dual antennas will not allow the phone to run at LTE speeds. ATT's or anyones 3g does not have the ability to run at LTE speeds no matter the antennas.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by natim View Post

Frustrating -huh? Stupid HSPA+. Who at Apple ever thought THAT decision was a good idea...? Although AT&T's (currently exclusive HSPA+) theoretical speeds (of 14.4) is twice that of VZW's & Sprint's speeds. AT&T has yet to upgrade it's backhaul to handle higher speeds & increased data congestion in all markets. Expect uniform backhaul upgrades about the time we see the next Gen iPhone. End of '12.

Thanks

its simply HSDPA, no LTE, so relax and calm down! and keep what you have, I don't think there is any need of updating to S.

Thanks

Well other then siri lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine45 View Post
    Frustrating -huh? Stupid HSPA+. Who at Apple ever thought THAT decision was a good idea...? Although AT&T's (currently exclusive HSPA+) theoretical speeds (of 14.4) is twice that of VZW's & Sprint's speeds. AT&T has yet to upgrade it's backhaul to handle higher speeds & increased data congestion in all markets. Expect uniform backhaul upgrades about the time we see the next Gen iPhone. End of '12.
    They probably did not want to make the battery any worse. Also did you hear how AT&T is trying to get apple to say the 4S is 4G